This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What am I doing wrong???

Ok, I have a platinum membership and I just upgraded to the latest version of DVD Fab. I went to the website and had my license resent to me, which I plugged in. It said that dvd fab would be restarted. Well, I had to close it out and then it reopened. Unfortunately, the licensee still shows trial for all of the options. I've never had this problem before. Any thoughts? I know it's the correct license because I just did a copy and paste minus the asterix.

Mark

did you request a v6 all in one key, did you receive an attachment, register dvdfab by double clicking the attachment with dvdfab closed.

Comment

What is your OS? Are you Administrator or logged in to a user account with Administrator permissions?
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

This part sounds exactly like what happened to me after I got the VC++ errors and did a clean uninstall and reinstall. It says the same thing, it will accept it, restarts and then shows still trial. I wanted to let you know and also find out what the outcome is. TIA.
        Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          What is your OS? Are you Administrator or logged in to a user account with Administrator permissions?
          I can't speak for the OP but for me, I AM the admin, logged in as admin, properly executed the UAC to install as administrator. Up until 6.0.6.0 no issues but since 6.0.7.0 its all screwed.

Comment

Please download and install v6.1.0.0 Beta to see if it fixes your problem. Please post the results, good or bad.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

For me, no more VC++ error on the start of rip but this part still persists.

Comment

Yes, I am the administrator and, like I mentioned above, I requested a key and have tried to copy and paste it and/or double-click the attacment to import the key.

Also, I tried installing the "beta" version" mentioned and it didn't correct my problem. Everything still says trial!

Comment

does it say Never Be Used or a number of days left?

Comment

It says Never Be Used. Oh, and the funny thing is that I can plug in the new key and come back a little while later to verify the key and it reverts to the old key. That's really weird. This is the first version of DVD Fab that I've ever experienced this problem with.

Comment

I get the same....

I am having the exact same problem. Unfortunately I seem to be the DONK and I even purchased an NEW "NEVER EXPIRE" license and it still did the same thing as you mentioned above. I just have a lot of work to catch up on and I have a lot of free time the next couple of days, so I was looking for a quick fix. I don't know what to do, and now I am extremely aggravated, esp since I gave more money up and I didnt need to. I wonder if there is a customer service dept where I can get a refund or am I just done for??? Arrrggghhh why are BETAS so sketchy?!

Comment

Hawk,
                        Thats crazy that it is importing that key to every application and making it WILD OUT. WTF is going on with these guys? This has never happened before.....I hope I can get a refund for my hasty purchase, seeing as how I already had a "NEVER EXPIRE" license to begin with. They can see that I had that, and hopefully take some pity on me lol....

Comment

I deleted some of my post because I think that present risk. Therefore it shouldn't be here.
                          If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

You think they pose a threat to you??? Hmmmmm interesting. I wonder what the status is of all this. Are you working on it DVDFab?

Comment

Ok, here's another one for you that I just noticed. Today I copied a few web links to post on a blog. Well, I just opened up dvd fab and went to click on Enter Registration Key and the url www.dvdfab.com is entered. I've noticed that the location where the license key is copied to is acting like a clipboard.

Oh, and I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling to a new location. Regardless of where dvd fab is installed it's giving me this problem.

Lastly, I went to backup a dvd of mine today and an expiration date now appears for October 25 for DVD to DVD.

Alright, I have sent a formal request for help to technical support. I'll post a solution when they figure out the problem so that no one else will have to deal with this headache.
                              Last edited by veganmark; 09-26-2009, 07:47 AM. Reason: update

Comment

Working...
                              X