DMA option disabled... Dvd copy too slow without SATA Drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the "Check for DMA automatically" and "Reset DMA" options are DISABLED in DVDFab 9v???..
    The speed is about 0,5Mb/sec. to copy a Dvd, but to copy the same Dvd in DVDFab 8v
    the speed is more than 3,5Mb/sec..!!! Maybe DVDFab 9v is only for computers with
    inside SATA HD / DVDWr..??? But a lot of people, like me, are still working
    with older computers with EIDE/PATA HD / DVDWr..!!!
    Attached Files

Moving your question to the correct forum (General Questions).

Has this happened with all v9? WHich are you using currently? Please start DVDFab and post or attach the internal log that it generates.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

If you have img burn a free professional burner you still can reset DMA from it see screen shot.I don't know why they took it out of
      Fab maybe a staff member can post the reason it's been grayed out in software for a long time now. If my memory serves it only applied to older drives.
      Attached Files

Comment

I correct me..:
        Why the "Check for DMA automatically" and "Reset DMA" options are DISABLED in DVDFab after 9.0.3.8v???..
        The speed now is about 0,5Mb/sec. to copy a Dvd, but to copy the same Dvd in the same computer with DVDFab 9.0.3.8 or older version, the speed is more than 3,5Mb/sec..!!! Maybe the last DVDFab 9v is only for computers with inside SATA HD / DVDWr..??? But a lot of people, like me, are still working with older computers with EIDE/PATA HD / DVDWr..!!!
        Last edited by miki71ita; 06-05-2014, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Please post the log file that I requested.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

very easy test...

ok, next time I'll copy a DVD, I'll zip my Log file and I'll send to: service@DVDFab.com. However it's very very easy to test this BIG problem... install the last DVDFab in an old computer (512MB RAM, EIDE/PATA HD and DVDWr, Windows 7 Os), and you will see the speed to copy a DVD to became 0,5MB/sec...! Use in the same computer DVDFab 9.0.3.8. and the speed will be 3,5MB/sec to copy the same DVD...!!! that's all....
            Last edited by miki71ita; 06-05-2014, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Post the log file here, you can attach it to a post. You can send it to Beijing if you prefer.

Comment

a DVDFab too "strong" video card control maybe?...

a friend of mine told me his opinion about this problem... he thinks that it's because of my old video card...! but DVDFab is a burning software and not a movie-maker or image-editor software... and so what's the problem if I use a very very old video card?... and for DVDFab 9.0.3.8. it's not a problem but for the last version is it...?!

Comment

Please if your asking for help in the forum then post the log required to get you help here if not don't bother posting in the forum as most of us don't have old computers and I gave you a way to reset DMA with a free program anyway.

Comment

I've got an old machine in the play room for the grand kids, they've all graduated to smart phones and it hasn't been turned on in months. If it ever finishes up dating I'll try version 9.1.5.0. It has W7 and an IDE optical drive so it should be apples to apples.
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Your drive fell back to PIO mode here's a link to restore it back.

Comment

Finally! I had to replace the optical drive. This is "Frozen" on a single core computer with an IDE optical drive. I verified manually the controller was set to DMA, results:
                        Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

replace...?

what do you mean with ''replace''?.. did you change the DVDWr IDE channel on Motherboard?.. or did you change the DVDWr setup from master to slave for example?..

Comment

I mean the drive did not see the disc, not used in so long maybe. I Just replaced the drive and verified the DMA channel. Do you know how to check it manually?

Albert Einstein

Comment

DVDFab code problem...

My HD is in DMA 5, and the DVDRw is in DMA 2, no PIO mode on my drives in my old computer setup... the real problem is inside DVDFab code, because after 9.0.3.8 version the sofware checks something and actives a very slow speed, on old computers... I have a Pentium 1,5Ghz, 512Mb RAM, HD and DVDWr EIDE, a video card integrated in motherboard, and Windows 7...!!! Next time a will attach some pics about DVDFab screens and the Log about a DVD copy....!!! But I really don't understand why in the same computer with the same DVD to copy, I have a speed of 3,5Mb/sec. with DVDFab 9.0.3.8, and after a speed of 0,5Mb/sec. with the last DVDFab version...... of course something inside the last DVDFab code is changed... but it's a very ''bad'' change for older computers....!

Comment

Working...
                              X