ISO Default Setting Prblems-Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO Default Setting Prblems-Audio

I noticed the ISO Deafult setting has an audio selection problem when backing up foreign films.

For example, a Japanese film ends up with an English commenray track and a Korean film ends up with an English audio only.

The default setting should have chosen the origibal sound track, except the subtiles which should go with the Region selected.

The 8 series shows all audio tracks for selection; the 9 series does NOT.

Since I have not found a way to remedy the situation, please fix it. Thanks,
    Last edited by childer; 07-12-2014, 09:14 PM.

What do you mean by "ISO Default? This is not a copy mode.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

First, thanks for your attention and advice.

I recently used Copy mode, outputting in ISO for Main, as opposed to Folder for Main.

I could not find any options for audio selction other than the default English. For US films, such default for Main in ISO is fine, but Not for foreign films.

If Full is the only choice for getting the original foreign sound track, the Main Default setting for English only should be improved to like Series 8, allowing the enduser to choose Foreign sound track, even for Main copy only.

Please advise or correct my understanding, if wrong. Thanks,

Comment

I was in the subtitle drop menu in my first post, sorry. But you can select the default audio in "Main" as follows, same instructions:
        Attached Files
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Here is a Chinese movie Fab picks English soundtrack by default but here in my screen shot I put the black triangle in the Chinese soundtrack box now Fab will make the movie with the Chinese soundtrack that's what you need to do.
          Outputting a main movie to iso or folder makes no difference.

If you have a Foreign film ment for USA it may only have English sound but have Foreign subtitles.What ever sound is on the disk in version 8 main movie should be the same in version 9 their should be no difference.

In screen shot 2 version 8 shows same soundtracks but this shows English soundtrack checked by default you need to change the little blue triangle put it in the Chinese soundtrack box.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by glenns; 07-13-2014, 01:53 AM.

Comment

If you mean Main Movie, you can select any audio stream to play as the default, as 90312 has pointed out. I use this to produce backups of foreign films so that they will play with their original soundtrack with English subtitles. DVDFab will do this for you automatically, but you must change the default languages in Common Settings-Streams for audio and subs.

Originally posted by childer View Post
            First, thanks for your attention and advice.

I recently used Copy mode, outputting in ISO for Main, as opposed to Folder for Main.

I could not find any options for audio selction other than the default English. For US films, such default for Main in ISO is fine, but Not for foreign films.

If Full is the only choice for getting the original foreign sound track, the Main Default setting for English only should be improved to like Series 8, allowing the enduser to choose Foreign sound track, even for Main copy only.

Please advise or correct my understanding, if wrong. Thanks,
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi, everyone,

I am overwhelmed by the advice and support from the Forum.

I followed the instructions and got what I wanted now, i.e., foreign films in foreign sound tracks, but in English subtitles.

Appaerently, my ignorance has caused such mistakes--my apology.

Again, I feel extremely fortunate, having such wonderful support and care, and here are my extra hearty thanks to signals, glenns and 90312 ....

Comment

For my part you are certainly welcome. And don't apologize for not knowing, we all had to learn and I'm still learning myself
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X