Screensaver never goes on, option ignored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Screensaver never goes on, option ignored

Even with the option that prevents screensaver/hibernation disabled (unchecked), the screensaver still will never come on with DVDFab 9.1.5.9 converting or ripping. This used to work in 9.1.4.5.

I have a plasma screen and this is a critical problem. If I forget to turn off my display and walk away for a while, DVDFab will permanently damage my plasma screen with burn-in without the screensaver coming on.

Does anyone know if there's a work-around?

[no need to talk about how there is no burn-in on LCDs. I got one of the last great Panasonic plasma TVs before they stopped making them, and its picture quality is superior .. ]

Problem resolved. The system must have gotten stuck with the screensaver off from one of DVDFab's crashes, when the option to disable screensaver was still ON). It's working after a reboot.

Comment

The option works normally for me on win7 64. Check the settings in your power profile, some software can change them without telling you.

/////Didn't see your earlier post, I had this up while testing it.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks - see above: problem resolved after a reboot. Screensaver was stuck in OFF position after DVDFab had crashed with "prevent screensaver" option enabled.

Comment

Glad it is OK now. I am experiencing pixel envy re: your plasma. More accurately, refresh envy.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X