Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I burn my ripped DVD copies to an ISO file or a VIDEO_TS folder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I burn my ripped DVD copies to an ISO file or a VIDEO_TS folder?

It is my understanding that there are 2 possible formats of saving my decrypted copy of a DVD onto an external hard drive:

1) VIDEO_TS folder (with many files like VOB, IFO, BUP) or
    2) an ISO file.

At some point in the next few weeks I hope to burn these decrypted copies onto an actual blank DVD disc so I can play them on standalone DVD players. I will either use Imgburn, Nero, or DVDFab's built-in burner to burn the copy onto a blank DVD.

Does anyone have any recommendation as to which format I should save my ripped copies if I want to get a reliable burned DVD later on that will play in most standalone DVD players? Does it matter which one I choose to save it in my external hard drive?

Let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your advice.

I write them all to VIDEO_TS folders since many DVD-Video accessory programs won't read an ISO (e.g DVDSubEdit and similar tools). Also, ImgBurn gives greater control over the layer break position while building the image. If you decide to do it with folders and ImgBurn, I would recommend also that you uncheck "Remove Layer Break" in DVDFab Common Settings, it will leave the original break intact which ImgBurn seems to prefer (better color for the stars).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X