Help with subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Help with subtitles

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring this one out. I do NOT want subtitles in my movies. I find them completely distracting. However, there are certain movies to where a piece of the movie is in a foreign language and thus subtitles are required to follow the dialog. For instance, MI:4, Taken, Avatar, etc.

Is there a way to only have the subtitles in the movie during these parts of foreign dialect vs having subtitles throughout the entire movie?

Thanks!

Yes, there is. These translations are usually what are called Forced subs because they contain a forced start command that makes them play whether you have subs turned on in your player or not. This is not always the case, and each disc seems to have a different approach to providing the translation subs. Some have them intermixed with the regular dialogue subs of the main language of the disc. Others have them in a sub stream by themselves. You did not tell us whether you are having the problem in the Copy or Ripper modules and the solutions are different.

In Copy mode, select all the streams of the main disc language. If any of them are forced, they will display automatically and the others will not. Make sure not to activate the default arrow, to the left of the sub stream selection box.

In Ripper, if you will select ONLY the sub stream that contains the forced subs and select Display Only Forced, only the translations will be in the output. You will have to use the Preview window in DVDFab and select one sub stream at a time until you find the one that displays the translations. Select Direct Render to Video on the Advanced settings page to duplicate the way the movie looked in a theater.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It was in Ripper. I followed all your help but the hole movie is now with subtitles up not just what was needed?.

Comment

You must not have selected "Display Only Forced", see the capture.
        Attached Files
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Works great thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X