DVD Rip in H.65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Rip in H.65

In the near Future will I be able to Rip a DVD in H.265 ?

Or will H.265 be for just Converting ?

ordman, you already can if you are updated to v9.1.6.3, see the release notes:

New: Added the support to output HEVC (H.265) video in Ripper and Video Converter (Profile MKV.H265 or MP4.H265).
    More info:http://www.dvdfab.cn/h265.htm
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      ordman, you already can if you are updated to v9.1.6.3, see the release notes:
      Well maybe Rip was the wrong word.

the reason I asked was because DVD's use H.264.

In the Copy Mode I can Rip/Copy a full Copy of the DVD.

Is there a way I can Rip/Copy my Full DVD in H.265 ?

Comment

No, I think it would not be a DVD-Video compliant disc then. DVDs use MPEG-2, Blu-rays use h264. You can convert the DVD to an h265 MP4 or MKV file using the new feature, but it won't look any better than the original DVD and will not have DVD functionality (like menus).

I apologize if I am misunderstanding yourquestion.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          No, I think it would not be a DVD-Video compliant disc then. DVDs use MPEG-2, Blu-rays use h264. You can convert the DVD to an h265 MP4 or MKV file using the new feature, but it won't look any better than the original DVD and will not have DVD functionality (like menus).

I apologize if I am misunderstanding yourquestion.
          Thanks Signals,

I did not think I would be able to Convert a Full/Complete DVD to H.265.

Let me ask you this,

In the Near future, will I be able to Shrink/Compress a FULL DVD using H.265 ?

Comment

Working...
          X