No announcement yet.

What file to back up for user settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other What file to back up for user settings?

Hi all. I want to play around with my configuration settings (encoding, bitrate, file types - all general things really. However, I like what I have and am just trying to tweak things. Is there a file (config.xml or Setting.txt for example) I can backup so if I really mess it up I can just drop that file back and restore my user settings?

Maybe backup the MKV.fabpf file if I want to play around with different MKV settings?

All the profiles have a default set of parameters they open with and as long as you don't save them as your default profile it will always revert to the default. You can't mess them up unless you press this button:
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Pressed that button a long time ago.

Okay, what about my user settings like <Title>. etc stuff? Where is that backed up at?

Comment

Just took a chance and started playing with settings. Didn't lose anything because I kept track of what I changed and then went back to what I had previously since I had it as .default (and still like it better).

Comment

The many items that DVDFab "remembers" (profile settings, GUI settings/last used items, Common Settings) are stored in different places.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X