Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I play DVD's/Blu-Rays from a Flash Drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I play DVD's/Blu-Rays from a Flash Drive?

Now that USB 3.0 64GB+ Flash Drives are getting cheaper is it possible to use DVDFab to put a movie on a Flash Drive in a format that will play on a Blu-Ray Player that is equipped with a USB port? I have the OPPO BDP 103. Also, if it is possible is there a tutorial for dummies like me. And...will the output be comparable to the disc version?
    ASRock X470 Taichi, 3900X, 2X8GB of 3200-14 Memory, NVIDIA GTX 960, SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB, 2-WD SN750's 500GB, WD Black 2TB, LG WH16NS40, Seasonic X750, EVGA CLC 280, Acer B247W 16:10, Win 10 Pro

Should play an MKV and if you're wanting no loss try MKV passthrough.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi Ken429
      I agree with my friend. You could also put the usb in your TV usb port and play movies from there also if your TV supports it, I do it all the time.
      Sorry no tutorial just use the ripper function in Fab and find out what format your device will play.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for the information.

I tried to use DVDFab but my Trial for DVD and Blu-Ray Ripper expired a long time ago. Looks like I'm stuck with a "Lifetime License" for DVD and Blu-Ray Copy. I sent DVDFab an email asking what it would take to upgrade now that I'm a little smarter but I don't expect much.
        Last edited by Ken429; 09-14-2014, 03:30 PM.
        ASRock X470 Taichi, 3900X, 2X8GB of 3200-14 Memory, NVIDIA GTX 960, SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB, 2-WD SN750's 500GB, WD Black 2TB, LG WH16NS40, Seasonic X750, EVGA CLC 280, Acer B247W 16:10, Win 10 Pro

Comment

You can add a license for DVD and/or Bluray Ripper at any time. Your experiences with other software are interesting but not really for discussion here.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

At the risk of an inappropriate comment, DVDFab Customer Service was nice enough to reinstate my Ripper Trials. So my first attempt using the ripper trial was to make an .MKV file of a back up of "The Rover" using the MKV Passthrough option. The program converted the movie very quickly. I then copied the MKV file (~4GB) to a 64GB Flash Drive and played it on my OPPO Blu-ray player. The picture quality was good but...the voices were out of sync with the display by a couple of seconds and the subtitles were non-existent even though the option was there to select English. Did I pick a bad format, a bad movie, miss some options or is this the price you pay for the conversion?

Comment

This is not an acceptable conversion. Please post the DVDFab internal log session from the conversion, and if the file is still on your PC, try playing it back from your hard drive with one of the free software players, such as VLC or DVDFab Media Player 2. You might try a different source disc and see if the results are the same.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'll conclude that "The Rover" is a bad movie for a variety of reasons and it does not convert to MKV very well! I then tried a couple of other DVD movies and they were OK, meaning the sound was in sync with the video. However, I still do not get any subtitles. I have attached a log file of the last one I converted. I would appreciate if someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong that causes the subtitles to go away. Everything else looks and sounds great using MKV Passthrough. Thanks.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X