No DVD 9 Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No DVD 9 Option

V9.1.6.8 The option for a DVD 9 has disappeared. Only DVD 5 shows in the dropdown menu. How is this corrected?

What option are you using? It still works correctly for me.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Good for me also.

Andrex,
      Note that Clone mode will not have a size selection (it is always the same disc size as the original) and Split mode is always DVD-5 size output.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working fine here also!!!!
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

There is nothing wrong with the dropdown menu from 5 to 9 DVD.It's still there in V9.1.6.8

Comment

Anderx,
            The QA Team tells me there may be an issue if the windows DPI is set to 150%. Please check that also.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Anderx,

I attached a screenshot after changing system DPI to 150%. And DVD9 option will be also shown when click the scroll bar in the drop down list.
              Please wait some time to fix the issue or change DPI setting to 100% first if you are saying the same problem.

Please give us more info or also attach a screenshot if you are have the different problem.

Thanks!

Wilson
              Attached Files
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

No DVD 9 Option - Resolved

Wilson,

Thank you for the advice. I recently had numerous surgeries for detached retinas and turned up the screen resolution to 150%. At 125% I can still see the DVD 9 option. I'll just use the magnifier. Thank you again and thank all who provided input.

Comment

No DVD 9 Option

I can confirm that the problem is with changing the DPI to anything over 100%.

I have a 24" 3840x2180 (4K) monitor which is unusable at DPI of 100%, but anything above 100% means that I can only choose DVD5 as the output option in DVD Fab 9. Running the monitor at 100% means that the text is so small that it is next to impossible to read, I can provide a screenshot if required.

This is going to be more of a problem as high DPI monitors are getting more and more popular.

Comment

I changed to 125% and it worked for me. Before that I was at 150% and I could not choose dvd9 option.
                    Visualize Whirled Peas.

Comment

rwest can't you cut the display resolution while running Fab. You should be able to.
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

No DVD 9 Option

I can reduce my resolution, but I'd also need to change the Text Size to 100% (which needs a logoff/logon to take full effect) or otherwise DVD9 would still be missing. So currently I have to:
                        1. Change Text Size to 100%
                        2. Change resolution (so that I can read the screen)
                        3. Log off
                        4. Log On
                        5. Run DVDFab
                        6. Change Resolution
                        7. Change Text Size back to 150%
                        8. Log off
                        9. Log On

which all seems a bit of a faff compared to just running DVDFab.

I have 20/20 vision, but when you have a 24" monitor running at 3840x2180 everything is really tiny (see attached screenshot - the little dot at the bottom is the Start button). I have a Surface Pro 3 in the post at the moment, which has a 12" screen with a resolution of 2160x1440, which will be an even higher DPI, and I would assume that these high DPI screens are going to be very popular. The only way that anyone is going to be able to use these monitors is to have a larger Text Size.

Is there any chance of a fix? All of the rest of the application looks fine, it's just the DVD5/DVD9 combobox that is causing the problem.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X