XML Field Definitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XML Field Definitions

I create a number of custom profiles for different source types because many DVD types are peculiar in how they are recorded. There doesn't seem to be any provision for making custom profiles in DVDFAB so I manually edit the XML in the *.fabpf file to suit what I am doing. However, there is a lot of information in those configuration files that are difficult to interpret. Is there a data dictionary somewhere that defines all the fields in the FABPF file and what the possible values are?

BTW, "description" is spelled "descriotion" throughout the file. While it appears it is an unused value at the moment, if you ever search for the description, this would cause the search to fail.

What parameters do you wish to change that are not available in the GUI? There is no such document, sorry.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Well, as an example, the GUI has an option to deinterlace. It is a binary choice, yes or no. The XML shows: <deinterlace mode="0" method="0" enable="0"/>. I have several rips that are totally unacceptable with the box unchecked and improve when checked, but still show poor quality. I'd like to be able to experiment with whatever "mode" and "method" do to get the rip to look like what is shown when the DVD is played in a DVD player. However, without a dictionary, I have no clue what values go in those elements or what the values control.

Comment

Working...
      X