This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD-Mobile batch processing

Been looking and found the best practice dvd to mobile and that is great. I have ripped several full DVDs to my hard drive and now am ready to convert them to PS3, for now. Is there a way to batch prosess the conversion to mobile and get up and walk away from it until all is done? Thanks again ahead of time for your help.

After the first one is set up, just click the Source folder icon to load the next. You can see what is in the queue by clickiing the Open Queue button.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

They will all have the same; bit rate, aspect ratio, etc....

Comment

I just updated the windows batch command script for DVDFab. It should do the job you want.

Comment

Or you can use the "QUEUE" from the GUI
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by fotheena View Post
            They will all have the same; bit rate, aspect ratio, etc....
            If they don't, you can edit each job in the queue.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Okay, I loaded up 5 movies in the queue and set bit rates and such for each one. It appears to work; it created the directories and but now it is listing the first movie that I queued and is not processing. FPS is 0 percent is .13% time left is 00. Where did I go wrong? Or how long does it take to process a batch. Typically when I do a single file it completes in about 10min. Oh I am going from a DVD on the HD to xvid.audiocopy...

Comment

Same movie, multiple outputs possible?

I like the batch processing capability and looked at the batch file referenced earlier in this thread. What I want to do is take a clip and queue up say 5 output files all using the same settings but with a different video bit rate.

What's the best way to do this? Using the GUI I can't figure out how to add a second job using the same clip and container.

Thank you!

Comment

The video bit rate is specified in the profile. The batch command references the profile. There is no easy way to do this with a batch command.

The only straight forward way to do it is create multiple profiles and reference each profile with a different batch command. For example "generic.avi.h264.900.mp3", "generic.avi.h264.1000.mp3". I did this when testing bit rate quality. I had to include a file rename in the batch command to avoid overwriting files.

Comment

Thank you, that seems like the trick that will accomplish what I'm trying to do. Can you post or PM your batch file to me? Is there a best thread to help me learn about all about profiles (managing, editing, etc)?

Comment

There is a help file in the profiles dir. I redid the bat file to make it compatible with the current version of DVDFab. I attached 2 example profiles. My goal was to get the smallest file size and still get acceptable quality. The test iso file was a few chapters from an action movie.

Remove .txt from batch file name.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X