Latest NVIDIA CUDA not working with version 9.1.8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest NVIDIA CUDA not working with version 9.1.8.1

Just noticed that with the latest NVIDIA CUDA updates, hardware ENCODING does not work. it is available as a option, but there is a warning that it is not compatible with my Graphics card (550 TI) When I down grade my display drivers, it is all working again. CUDA driver is 6.5.30

Just like to add that the last compatible NVIDIA drivers are 337.88

Comment

Ron
      This is a known issue, due to nvidia no longer supporting CUDA on their hardware. There is extensive information about the problem and advice for DVDFab users here: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=25674 see post #1 in the thread.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Nivida update driver 23 december. 347.09 WHQL It work perfectely on dvdfab 9.1.8.1 This driver support your gtx 550ti

Comment

Originally posted by Electro007 View Post
          Nivida update driver 23 december. 347.09 WHQL It work perfectely on dvdfab 9.1.8.1 This driver support your gtx 550ti
          No it does not work. latest driver to support CUDA EN-Coding (DE-coding is working OK) is 337.88. Software encoding is working fine.

I realize that this may not be something that DVDFAB can fix, and may have to look at buying a new video card..
          Last edited by Ronvp; 12-25-2014, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Before I spend money on a new card, will DVDFAB support NVENC or other hardware based encoding on the GTX 970 and 980? According to the DVDFAB forum "...NVENC encoding, which is now fully supported by DVDFab for these (3.0-5.0 CUDA cap) devices....." The 970 and 980 show 5.2

Comment

Originally posted by Ronvp View Post
              Before I spend money on a new card, will DVDFAB support NVENC or other hardware based encoding on the GTX 970 and 980? According to the DVDFAB forum "...NVENC encoding, which is now fully supported by DVDFab for these (3.0-5.0 CUDA cap) devices....." The 970 and 980 show 5.2
              I just bought a 290X Matrix Asus Card and another 970GTX and I am getting great encoding speeds on both cards, not sure which one is better though.
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
              X