DVD Fab does not recognize external HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware DVD Fab does not recognize external HD

I'm brand new to BD and am using an external Pioneer BD burner. I want to copy the discs as movie files directly to an external HDD, but the only options available are to my CD drives or a file location on the computer. How can I get Fab to recognize the external HDD?

Not much information to go on but, if the drive doesn't show up in the drop down selections click on the folder button and you should be able to drill down to the external drive from there:
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Now I feel like a dunce. I thought the drop-down showed everything that was AVAILABLE, but it obviously only shows what you have used in the past. I also thought that the file icon was only used to choose between .iso or video files. Just shows that the software is a lot smarter than I am.

Comment

have you tried clicking the add button on dvd fab 9 then browse for your hdd external, maybe that would work.

Comment

Originally posted by bagman35 View Post
          I'm brand new to BD and am using an external Pioneer BD burner. I want to copy the discs as movie files directly to an external HDD, but the only options available are to my CD drives or a file location on the computer. How can I get Fab to recognize the external HDD?
          OK,first of all you need to switch on the external burner separate, power etc..the computer is not doing it as it is not build in it.Wait a few secs then click on.. My computer..now have a look if the burner has shown up like your internal one..If it has DVDfab will and should recognize it.If it hasn't shown up in My computer.. then you have a problem somewhere else.Bad connection or something and Fab has got "nothing" to do with it.It can't find something what isn't there. The burner needs to show up in My computer first.Trust me I've got one too.
          Last edited by BERT; 01-10-2015, 02:06 AM.

Comment

I assume you're good to go then bagman35?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes, thanks. When I said I feel like a dunce, it's because your reply solved the problem, and it's something I should have caught myself.

Comment

Don't sweat it bagman, happens to all of us at one time or another.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Only happened to me a couple hundred times! Glad you're going again bagman35.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X