Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Simplest Way to Copy a BD While Getting Rid of Region Code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the Simplest Way to Copy a BD While Getting Rid of Region Code?

Hi.

I have a Region B Blu-Ray disk that I would like to play on my Region A player.

I tried both "Clone" and "Full Disk" copy modes. No Luck. Player says my copy isn't region A.

What is the easiest way to copy the disk, keeping everything on it while getting rid of the Region lock?

Thanks!

If you copied it with DVDFab it should play. Please post the DVDFab internal log session from this disc, instructions linked in my sig.

Also, what is the make and model of your player?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here's the log file attached.

I'm actually trying to play it on my windows media center pc using Total MediaTheather 5. I also tried on my PC using Nero Blu-Ray Player 12. I also attached a screenshot of what Nero shows.

the message is exactly the same on both computers ( same image with text ). Looks like it is the disc showing the message because I doesn't detect a region B player and not the player not happy with the disk. Makes sense?

Note that I perfectly understand I could play it by creating an MKV file but I'm actually trying to make a copy that will play in any Blu-ray player.

thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

AIUI, DVDFab does not, and cannot, remove Blu-ray region coding. It is a program thing within the Blu-ray spec, in that a Java program is run to check the region codes, if the disc has region code checking. It would require debugging the Java code and then modifying the code to skip the region checking, or make it appear that the region checking passes.

Instead, the DVDFab program should pop up a dialog asking which region code to set it for, IFF there is region code checking on the disc. You should set it to "A". If the dialog doesn't pop up, then you've told it to never display again. There is an option (I don't remember where) that you can reset so that the pop up appears.

Try that and see if it now works.

Comment

Originally posted by SleepWalker View Post
          Hi.

I have a Region B Blu-Ray disk that I would like to play on my Region A player.

I tried both "Clone" and "Full Disk" copy modes. No Luck. Player says my copy isn't region A.

What is the easiest way to copy the disk, keeping everything on it while getting rid of the Region lock?

Thanks!
          Open fab ,open common settings , under general..click on top blu ray.... now where it says ....Specify the disc's region code ....open it and choose B Europe etc. Check that all other squares are already ticked ...it should work now.
          Last edited by BERT; 03-04-2015, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
            Open fab ,open common settings , under general..click on top blu ray.... now where it says ....Specify the disc's region code ....open it and choose B Europe etc. Check that all other squares are already ticked ...it should work now.
            I believe what is checked in that dialog box is what the region code is set to. The OP needs region A, not B.

I'll have to fully test how that works. I have a Blu-ray player that has been modified so that I can set the region code.

Comment

Originally posted by MrVideo View Post
              I believe what is checked in that dialog box is what the region code is set to. The OP needs region A, not B.

I'll have to fully test how that works. I have a Blu-ray player that has been modified so that I can set the region code.
              Where it says ... Specify the disc's region code ...this has to be set to where the original disc "country" you want to copy is from. FAB should after automatic make the copy region free.

Comment

thanks guys, below is a screenshot of what my setup was. It was suppose to ask me the region code but it didn't.

I'm changing the setting from "ask" to "region B" and I'm trying another "full disk" copy.

also I clicked the "I" after the disk loaded here's the info. I wonder why it says region code is removed. probably because it is a java thing and not actual region code like on a DVD.

see info:

Info for drive [E:\] (DVDFab 9.1.8.8)
                Vendor: HL-DT-ST, Product: BD-RE WH16NS40
                Revision: 1.00, Vendor specific: N1A12A1K94E3PD2129
                Drive region: 1 (RPC II), changes left: 4(user) / 4(vendor)
                AACS v1, AGIDs: 2, revocation level: MKBv50+
                Support: BUS_ENCRYPTION=YES BN_GENERATION=YES

Disc media: Blu-ray (BDMV)
                Volume name: HATCHI

Region Code is removed. (Region ?)
                AACS protection (AACSLA) is removed. (MKBv18)
                BD+ protection not found.
                Main playlist: 00005.mpls
                Attached Files

Comment

No luck with pre-selecting "region B" instead of "ask".

Does the "full disk" type of copy could be bypassing the process of region code?

Comment

No luck with pre-selecting "region B" instead of "ask".
                    What happens when you select region A?

Does the "full disk" type of copy could be bypassing the process of region code?
                    It should not.

What I have found strange is that the option says to remove region code, yet it will ask for the region code. If DVDFab is removing Blu-ray region coding, then it should not be asking anything about it.

Comment

What happens when you select region A?
                      Just gave it a try and it made no difference.

Also, after this test, I set back my settings to "ask before". I inserted 4 different BD and DVDFab ask about the region for only one of the disk. It appears to me DVDFab isn't always able to deal with region coding depending on them.

Now I'll try ripping / Creating and see if I can get something good enough for my needs. It really doesn't look like any "copy" options will help me.

Comment

Problem solved! I opened dvdfab this AM and it told me about 9.1.9.1 beta being out addressing some issue with Java. I installed it and this time I was asked about the region code of the disk. I made a full disk copy and the copy now plays fine on both setup I have! That's great!

Comment

I made a full disk copy and the copy now plays fine on both setup I have! That's great!
                          Good news. Which region code did you set it to?

Comment

Good news. Which region code did you set it to?
                            From what I understand, it was asking me the region of the source so I said "B" which is the letter printed on the disk.

Comment

Thanks. How that works has me a little puzzled.

Comment

Working...
                              X