This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchase Problem Big Purchase Overcharge of $206.09 vs $33

I renewed the Video Converter for around $33 and my bank account shows a pending transaction for $206.09 from Alipay. What is this and will it go away or was there a mistake?

I need to make sure that charge does not post or be refunded for the overcharge .

Check your email for a receipt that shows what the charges represent. If it is not what you intended to purchase, you should contact the main office in Beijing using the Support->Purchase Problem link on the Fab website, they can correct it.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

WOW!

I've trusted and used DVDFab for many years. Hope this is an honest mistake and not outright theft. China has a poor reputation, so DVDFab needs to do things "better and cleaner" than the other guys to remain viable.

Comment

I will update this post with my progress. Below is attached the only email I received, which is not an invoice but only shows the product. Then also attached is my DVD fab products from the dvdfab member area. Then an attachment showing the AliPay charge.

Only EMail
        ====

-----Original Message-----
        Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 9:08 AM
        To: billm@eggcentric.com
        Subject: Registration information for DVDFab ( Registered to: William Egge )

Dear William Egge,

Thank you for choosing DVDFab!
        =================================
        DVDFab Video Converter (Never Expire)

Welcome to DVDFab 9,

We've learned that you are a registered member of our Member Center. You can now use your DVDFab account to activate your DVDFab 9 product(s) per the instructions below:

1. Start up DVDFab 9 upon installing it on your computer; 2. Click "Register" button on the up-coming window asking you to "Buy Now", "Register" and "Try"; 3. Enter your registered e-mail and password at DVDFab Member Center; 4. Click "Register" button.

Reminder: At DVDFab Member Center, you can check your product(s) information you've purchased and get to know the latest special offer and campaign at any time. To login to our Member Center, please click on the following link, or, copy and paste it into your browser.

DVDFab Member Center aims to provide best user experience, here users can request resending key, changing email and renewing DVDFab products such as DVD Copy, Blu-ray Copy, DVD Ripper, Blu-ray Ripper and so on.

More questions about DVDFab 9, please go to: http://www.dvdfab.cn/faq/?type=dvdfab9

Existing customers of DVDFab 8 (Licence not expired) are highly recommended to upgrade to DVDFab 9, for free; Or, login to the Member Center at http://www.dvdfab.cn/member.htm to download the activation key for DVDFab 8 (Not recommeded).

Sincerely,
        DVDFab Support Team

Find DVDFab on Facebook
        Dvdfab EX - 「いいね!」192件 - 映画

Follow us on Twitter:

Watch DVDFab Videos on Youtube:
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi billegge,

We are sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused you.

About the pending transaction for $206.09, it will go away from your bill soon, please no worry.

Any problem, you can contact us at service@dvdfab.cn.

Regards,
          Mona

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
            Hi billegge,

We are sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused you.

About the pending transaction for $206.09, it will go away from your bill soon, please no worry.

Any problem, you can contact us at service@dvdfab.cn.

Regards,
            Mona
            The charge posted. See screenshot attachment. I will contact the email you provided.
            Attached Files

Comment

You post is insulting and uncalled for. You have been around here long enough to know better.
              Originally posted by AzDragonLord View Post
              WOW!

I've trusted and used DVDFab for many years. Hope this is an honest mistake and not outright theft. China has a poor reputation, so DVDFab needs to do things "better and cleaner" than the other guys to remain viable.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Same Big Overcharge Problem

Needed to renew DVD Copy for $19.20 6 days ago, got charged $117.77. Now told will receive a refund in 7 more days! It seems to be a factor of 16X exchange rate error of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  You post is insulting and uncalled for. You have been around here long enough to know better.
                  I'm sorry you got your butt hurt.

Comment

To follow up as promised, I got an email saying I will get a refund within 7 days.

Below is the email I received:

---
                    Dear Bill,

We express our sincere sorry for inconvenience brought to you.

I have forwarded your issue to our responsible person. Your money will be refunded to your credit card account or bank account within 7 business days.

After it, if you do not receive your money, please email back to us. More patience would be much appeciated.

Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely yours,

Comment

You just don't learn do you AzDragonLord ???
                      Now you can have a week vacation.
                      Signals might not have been this lenient on you but, that could change.
                      CBR929
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                        You just don't learn do you AzDragonLord ???
                        Now you can have a week vacation.
                        Signals might not have been this lenient on you but, that could change.
                        CBR929
                        People, please do not clutter my post with noise.

Comment

billegge
                          This is not noise. We will not tolerate disrespectful members on this forum and it is our job to enforce these policies set up by DVDFab.
                          Give this a read through http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=5
                          I promise DVDFab staff will get your problem resolved.
                          I'm done here!!!
                          CBR929
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Your thread was unfortunately trashed by a former member, who has been permanently banned. Please do not presume to instruct the forum staff on how to do their jobs.
                            Originally posted by billegge View Post
                            People, please do not clutter my post with noise.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                              Your thread was unfortunately trashed by a former member, who has been permanently banned. Please do not presume to instruct the forum staff on how to do their jobs.
                              For the record, I don't agree that the member has trashed the thread. The response of staff is simply baffling to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X