Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to update non-crippled version for lifetime member?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to update non-crippled version for lifetime member?

I was grandfathered in before the whole lawsuit thing. In the past, dvdfab would always check for new updates automatically and I would install them. Now it is not. Where can I go to download new versions? On the dvdfab website I get the "US" packages which does not bypass AACS, even if I log in and activate the software.

Thanks.

read here - http://www.dvdfab.cn/how_to_do_disc_...htm#how_to_faq

Comment

I purchased lifetime before the lawsuit. I am grandfathered in. I have been using it no problems for years. When I would open up fab it would auto-check for a new version and say "There is a new version, would you like to update?" I would say yes and it would download the non-us version automatically for me.

All the sudden it stopped doing this. Does anyone know why?

Comment

In a word: litigation.

This following link explains much of what is going on.

Comment

Thats an interesting article. I would guess that my main question is this: dvdfab said that any exixting paid lifetime users would still have access to new versions. So now they are stopping that too? Is that why all of the sudden it will no longer Check for updates? I thought something happened with my pc or the program itself.

Comment

I too purchased the full suite, lifetime I think, before the crippled version. I'd like to renew my license and hopefully get the non-crippled version.

Actually my immediate need is to simply remove Kindle DRM from some ebooks I bought from Amazon, so I can read them on other devices. Will the latest version do that?

Come to think of it...is it possible to buy it from another country? I can VPN through a more agreeable country and perhaps figure out how to pay in their currency.

TIA...
            RF
            Last edited by DMWRF; 05-11-2015, 02:57 AM.

Comment

You can purchase and download from anywhere in the world.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by DMWRF View Post
                I too purchased the full suite, lifetime I think, before the crippled version. I'd like to renew my license and hopefully get the non-crippled version.

Actually my immediate need is to simply remove Kindle DRM from some ebooks I bought from Amazon, so I can read them on other devices. Will the latest version do that?

Come to think of it...is it possible to buy it from another country? I can VPN through a more agreeable country and perhaps figure out how to pay in their currency.

TIA...
                RF
                dvdfab cannot remove DRM protection.

Comment

Thanks everybody...all good now with older and latest versions of DVDFab versions...

Comment

Working...
                  X