7.1 audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other 7.1 audio

What is the process to rip 7.1 audio with my movies?. All of them saying audio is 7.1 but it turns out 5.1. Not sure what to do?. I am using Blu Ray copy and converter process and nothing works.

Are you asking about Copy mode or Ripper mode? Copy mode does not change the audio stream at all, other than to copy only the ones you select in certain modes (Main Movie, etc.). Ripper will allow you to copy the 7.1 components if your player and chosen file container support it and you select "Copy Audio" on the Ripper Advanced Settings page. It makes the output files much larger.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The movies are in 7.1 but when when I use both Copy or Ripper mode it says only 5.1 can get ripped??

Comment

Read my earlier post again, it told you how do it. For Ripper, put a check mark in the Copy Audio box and it will copy full 7.1 stream to the output. If you need more help, you will need to post a DVDFab internal log session from one of these that is only providing 5.1 audio. Instructions for posting logs are linked in my sig, below.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

For Ripper, put a check mark in the Copy Audio box and it will copy full 7.1 stream to the output. I have done this and it does not work. Open the log folder, then choose the one you need (internal, burn etc.) and open it with Notepad. Its Empty?.

Comment

Unlikely. The file you need is named "DVDFab_internal.log", you can use windows explorer search to find it. It may be writing the log to another location depending on the settings you have used for installation and setup. We can't help you without it.

Comment

Attached is the Log. Hope you can find what's happening?.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

From the log file, the conversion is fine.

In ripper, DVDFab will keep the HD audio track when selecting mkv / m2ts audiocopy, mkv/m2ts passthrough without selecting remove HD audio option.

Would you please check the media info of converted mkv file by the free tool MediaInfo? What's the player is used for playback?

Thanks!

Wilson
                Please post your logs the default location is:
                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Yep, Wilson is right.

The end of your log shows that 'channels (8)' have been placed within the .mkv container. So the problem must be with your chosen media player and how it's been set-up
                  I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                  I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Thanks for help.

Comment

I seem to have the same problem. See attached:
                      Attached Files
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                        I seem to have the same problem. See attached:
                        @90312, please check the status of "Remove HD Audio" option in Advanced Settings.

Wilson
                        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Thanks!

Comment

It was unchecked in common settings and it was an MKV Passthrough, everything same as source. Is that option available in Passthrough?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Looks like an MP4? I'll do it again.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                              Looks like an MP4? I'll do it again.

MP4 does not support HD audio itself.

Wilson

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X