This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchase Problem VidOn?

Could someone please explain to me what "VidOn" is/does? Thank you.

Have you not visited their web site?
    I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
    I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

They have a forum also: http://forum.vidon.me/ with excellent advice and support.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        They have a forum also: http://forum.vidon.me/ with excellent advice and support.
        I am not looking for advice or support as I have yet to purchase or use it, the problem is I don't understand what it even is (definitely not a tech person).

And yes, I did look at their website....but since I have no clue what XBMC is and most of the rest of their site is all techno talk, hence I was hoping someone could explain it since you are selling it. I guess you have to be a tech person to be on this forum.

I just wanted to use DVDFab to make back up copies of my children's DVDs....we have probably 100 DVDs already and they have scratched to the point of useless quite a few....wanted to save their collection before it became useless. At $15 or more each to replace, I figured making copies of all of them (and some of the parents DVDs for future safety) would be cheaper. Someone recommended DVDFab and I understand what DVDFab Copy and Ripper do...and I love the idea of Blue Ray to DVD (the kids have a few Blue Rays they got as gifts, but we don't have a Blue Ray player, so it just sits on a shelf).

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that this may be more advanced that I am able to understand. Especially in light of the rude response from SeeMoreDigital to a newbie simply asking for help.

Sorry to have bothered you with my apparently stupid question. I'll ask the friend that referred me to see if she has it or can figure out what it does. If we can't figure it out ourselves, we'll look elsewhere for a program that is easier to understand or has helpful forums

Comment

There is not a less-rude person in this forum than SeeMoreDigital. You are overly sensitive I think. If your purpose is to make backup copies of DVDs, all you need is DVDFab, which is easy to use even for the tech-averse.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok, no problem, then. Yes, I found the snarky comment rude. Perhaps not everyone is able to understand technical jargon like ya'll can. My friend who referred you found it rude as well, especially since there is not a link to the vidon website in the very limited information on DVDfab's website. I found it by doing a google for it, so I'm not a complete idiot.

And since no one has seen fit to describe what the program is, which was my original question, I'll just skip buying any of the products. The friend who referred me is going to come over tomorrow for a play date between our kids and she'll bring her laptop which has her copy of the program....and she'll make a copy of my DVDs for me. She has a licensed copy and it doesn't appear she's violating anything since she's not giving me a copy of the program, she's just doing the work for me. Nice friend and it's only going to cost me lunch (which I'd have provided for just a play date even). Let's see $200 for a program or $5 for lunch?

It really is sad that you aren't willing to accept that not everyone is technology experienced. All I asked for was a description of a program that you sell. Instead I got 3 posts that blame me for not understanding a website written for technologically experienced people.

Oh, well, lost you a $200 sale. Still curious what this program would have done had I purchased it. If anyone can be bothered to lower themselves to my non-tech level and explain.

Comment

I see that you haven't read the forum rules either, thread closed!
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X