This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Spam Attack

I just received a spam email through PM from a "LadyAdministrator" about a virus.

This spammer is currently active in this forum. Please ban this person.
    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

They are Banned. Thanks for the report.

Comment

Why is there still "LadyAdministrator" at the botton in the "currently active users" list?
      I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

I can only ban the user name, An admin will block them completely.

Comment

This same person hacked another V Bulletin site and sent spam e-mail to all the members.

Comment

The user has been deleted and the spam PMs have been deleted from every user's account. We regret this, but it is very difficult to control.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              The user has been deleted and the spam PMs have been deleted from every user's account. We regret this, but it is very difficult to control.
              never knew it was possible to delete Pm's sent by a member to another member. That pretty good when you can do that especially when you know of a spammer who sent off spam via PM

Comment

Admins have scary powers. There is a function that allows the deletion of all PMs sent by a specific user. This thread will be moved to General Questions, it has no business in DVD to DVD.

Did anybody actually get an email or was it all PMs?
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I got an email because I get notified on PM. Isn't there a Captcha or something that can be installed?

Comment

you sure it not for the reported post as spam

Comment

No, it deletes any PM ever sent by the user. I was wondering if any user-to-user emails were sent. I doubt it because of the effort involved and spammers are a generally lazy lot. Look at how they make a living.

Comment

I have email notification on PM turned on so I get this as soon as the PM is created:

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear Complication,

You have received a new private message at DVDFab Forum from LadyAdministrator, entitled "Important message from the forum administration!".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:

This is the message that was sent:
                        Dear, royser;Complication;pedlar;cyberlarry2001;sqd!

A virus alert was noticed on your computer.
                        We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately:
                        ----------------------------------------------------
                        Sincerely, Forum Administration forum.dvdfab.com.

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:

All the best,
                        DVDFab Forum
                        Last edited by Complication; 01-15-2010, 04:59 AM. Reason: redacted URL

Comment

Mine was via PM.

Comment

Well I never received one but I must be the lucky one

Comment

I never got one either "Don't mess with the GregiBoy!!!"
                              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                              X