This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Loses track of registration info

I've had DVDFab for quite some time. I have everything but Blue Ray and File Mover.

One thing I've noticed is that DVDFab is not very good at retaining registration information. Many times I open DVDFab and see everything has reverted back to trial user and I have to manually update the registration information again. I can't count the number of times this has happened (under both XP and Windows 7). It's like DVDFab wants you to tell it who you are on a regular basis.
    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

I have never had a problem and I have all options for DVDFab on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and before windows 7 I had Vista and Xp no problems on them as well. Have you requested an all-In-One key for DVDFab you can do that at this link http://www.dvdfab.com/retrieveregkey.htm You just have to have used the same email to purchase all options but once you apply you will just have one key to activate with

Comment

Yes I have the all in one key (even though I purchased them one at a time).
      I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Well I just purchased the other two so I have the full boat now and all under one key. I'll have to see if I continue to have this "DVDFab forgetting the registration information" issue.

Comment

I've never had an issue with XP, but with Windows 7 I have (you may be able to get the issue with XP if you run XP the right way, most people end up with an Admin account that they use all the time so it doesn't seem to be an issue). I used this post to clear up my problem and I've been good since my forum sign-on date.

Comment

If you follow the published instructions to install and run as administrator there should be no problems.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Do you often run a registry cleaner and are inadvertently removing things that DVDFab needs but seem unrelated?

Comment

I don't often use a reg cleaner and I do know how to install and run as administrator. I don't even use UAC in Windows 7. Don't like Microsoft's approach assuming everyone doesn't know what they are doing, but that's another subject.

Seems I'm in the minority on this issue. It's not like it happened a whole lot but it has happened a few times since I've had it. As I said, I now own all licenses (lifetime) under one key, so I'll continue to monitor to see if the issue pops up again.

Comment

Hi all , new to the forum.I have the (old) platinum version , Like MIKE89 my fab keeps reverting to the trial version at the end of (the month) I have to keep requesting a key,It then seems to attach to dvdfab but weeks later its back to the trial version.I also dont use reg cleaner, and am running as administrator.Any suggestion's .

Comment

How are you entering the serial number? Double-clicking on the registration file? I think I needed to copy and paste from the email, if you're doing that as well are you omitting the asterisks?

You may also want to try doing a complete uninstall of DVDFab and then download a fresh copy to see if that helps.

Comment

Have a read of the "Registration Key Problems" thread in the "Answers to Common Questions" section of the forum and follow the instructions PRECISELY.

Do not assume anything.
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                      X