DVDfab 9.2.0.2. Keeps Freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDfab 9.2.0.2. Keeps Freezing

Strange question. This has been going on ever since I've used DVDfab 9.0. Whenever I use DVDfab for any reason (ripping, converting) and I leave my computer alone and the screen shuts off (power saving mode) dvdfab will continue to run, but when the process is over the program freezes.
    I come back and though the process is successfully completed, the DVDfab fab window will be frozen on the computer screen and I can't shut it down. I have to go to windows task manager to force it to shut down.
    I hope I'm making sense. Am I the only one to have this problem?
    I'm running an older computer, running Windows 7.

I can't duplicate this but perhaps someone else has experienced it. Check your settings for power save mode and try changing the DVDFab setting for what to do when all tasks are done (see capture attached).
    Attached Files
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

thanks Signals for the response. My windows screen savers is set for 10 minutes. My dvdfab is set to do nothing when the task is done.
      I'm sure it's somehow tied into the screen saver but I can't figure it out. If I'm working on my computer and the screen doesn't shut off, dvdfab runs without a problem and when it's over I can shut it down manually. I just thought I'd see if I was the only one with this problem. I've updated my windows to all the latest drivers and I can't figure it out. Oh well, not a big deal, I'll just have to use task manager to shut dvdfab down.

Comment

Check in common settings and if this box is not checked - check it.
        Attached Files
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Good one, should be checked always.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the advice. It's weird but it's already checked off. Doesn't that mean that my computer isn't supposed to go into screensaver mode?

Comment

I know this is an older thread but in case this may help someone who has had the same problem as me.

I have an older Nvidia 950 video card and I've always trusted the Geforce experience to update my drivers for me. However lately I've noticed that the update would freeze whenever it came to the 3d drivers. I went online and noticed other people were having problems with the update process as well. they recommended to not install the 3d drivers and to not use the Geforce experience to update the drivers and to do the process manually.

Voila!
              I guess my card never had the 3d feature to begin with and I just trusted the Geforce auto update feature to do it's job. Now that I do the update manually and uncheck the 3d feature (and one more, I forget what it was) my DVDfab no longer freezes.

Just wanted to post my results for anyone who cares.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the update.

Comment

Working...
                X