X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture Size in Australia

Hi. New to DVDFab and having one issue.
    When a convert a DVD to .avi I seem to always end up with "letterbox" size output. I am looking for a way to make the output a full hieght and width widescreen file.

Is this possible, and how would I do it ?

Thanks for any help.

You should get just the picture and no black bars if you enable automatic cropping. To turn this on and check the before and after cropping picture prior to conversion, click on the Edit button, then click on the Video Effects button. Click on the Crop tab and click on the radio button for automatic. There is also a checkbox in Common Settings->X to Mobile->Convert that will turn it on automatically without having to click through all the pages.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

How this displays depends entirely on the aspect ratio of the source.

Widescreen aspect ratio in Oz is 16:9 which translates to 720 x 400 at standard definition or an aspect ratio of 1.8.

Most cinema releases are not composed at this aspect ratio but are more likely to be 2.3-2.4.

This translates to some where around 720 x 300.

Fab will always maintain the correct aspect ratio that the movie is composed at so you should have black letterbox bars on these movies otherwise the image is stretched verticall making objets and people in the title appear skinny/too tall.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

This is true if you play them on a TV; if played on a PC (not in full screen mode) there are no bars. The point being that with auto cropping, no black bars are encoded. Whether you see them depends on the playback device aspect ratio and any zoom or fill settings it may have.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I read this post as the OP wanted the video to fill the screen @ 16:9 without any black borders.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X