Password Protected Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Password Protected Files

Why do I have several DVDfab password protected files on my computer that cannot be scanned by Bitdefender?
    Can they be removed ?
    What is the password ?
    Thanks

To my knowledge, DVDFab does not use password protected files. Many Fab users have had problems with Bitdefender, as a forum search will show. Does it not tell you the name of the file(s)?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      To my knowledge, DVDFab does not use password protected files. Many Fab users have had problems with Bitdefender, as a forum search will show. Does it not tell you the name of the file(s)?
      Two of the files:
      c:\Program Files (x86) \ DVD Fab9\appcfg.Zip=>appcfg.xml
      and
      C:\Program Files (x86) \ DVD Fab9\uicfg.zip=>uicfg.xml
      Thanks
      Last edited by rjkramer61; 08-30-2015, 02:44 AM.

Comment

I did do a uninstall of Fab and the files went away.
        But when I did a install they came back.
        Sure would like to know why they are password protected!!!!!

Comment

I just did a quick check on the first file in your list. Sure enough, a password is required in order to extract the XML file. I didn't bother checking the other one.

Comment

I'm sure there is a good reason, such as experimental content or proprietary info. It will run without them.
            Originally posted by rjkramer61 View Post
            I did do a uninstall of Fab and the files went away.
            But when I did a install they came back.
            Sure would like to know why they are password protected!!!!!
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X