X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HD Decrypter

Hi there

Just wanted to check on blu-ray decrypting - HD Decrypter is not seeing any of my blu-ray discs in "Source". Not sure why this is happening ie. continues to say Please Insert...... Even if I direct it to the drive, nothing happens....

It's not a problem with the drive as the blu-rays are all still playing happily in PowerDVD.

Thanks

I have not seen any other reports of this in the forum, which leads me to suspect it may be some conflict with other software on your machine. Did it work at one time, then quit? Can you explore the drives with windows and see the folder contents? Please post more information, such as the version number you are using, etc.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      I have not seen any other reports of this in the forum, which leads me to suspect it may be some conflict with other software on your machine. Did it work at one time, then quit? Can you explore the drives with windows and see the folder contents? Please post more information, such as the version number you are using, etc.
      That's what worried me too. It seems to have coincided with the expiry of the blu-ray to blu-ray option (everything working fine till then), so I was wondering if the free version just didn't decrypt blu-ray.

I was using 6.2.18. If I uninstall this and install the latest beta, when the program launches it initially resets the Blu-ray option module to "Never been used" incorrectly, but then the blu-ray disc is recognised. However, once you press "Start", it goes analysing and one second later "Process completed" ie. doesn't actually do anything. If you then relaunch the program, Blu-ray option module is now correctly set to "Expired", but HD Decrypter again no longer sees the blu-ray disc at all.

Please note I'm just trying to perform a full decrypt to HDD - no special option features.

I can certainly see the files etc. in Windows and film plays perfectly in PowerDVD. I am running Windows 7 32 bit.

Thanks again

Comment

The FREE version does not include the Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray option, so as the trial has expired, it should and will no longer work.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

From the DVDFab page (em added):
          DVDFab HD Decrypter is a simple version of DVDFab "DVD to DVD" and DVDFab "Blu-ray to Blu-ray". It copies entire DVD/Blu-ray movie to hard drive, and removes all the DVD protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) and part of Blu-ray protections (AACS, BD+, RC, UOPS and BD-Live) while copying.
          Chances are the decryption you need for those discs is not in the "part of" list. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing somewhere that HD Decrypter was intentionally a few releases behind BluRay-to-BluRay support (which itself is not 100% yet). Knowing how difficult BD decryption is I bought the BD-to-BD option to support the efforts to solve this problem even before I had a BD drive.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            The FREE version does not include the Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray option, so as the trial has expired, it should and will no longer work.
            Hi. I'm so confused with this. The DVDFab website

says:
            DVDFab HD Decrypter is a simple version of DVDFab "DVD to DVD" and DVDFab "Blu-ray to Blu-ray". It copies entire DVD/Blu-ray movie to hard drive, and removes all the DVD protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) and part of Blu-ray protections (AACS, BD+, RC, UOPS and BD-Live) while copying.

Also Fengtao's announcement of 10/28/2009 regarding HD Decrypter says: "The effect of this new policy is that some of the features, fixes and updates in the release notes will not apply to the HD Decrypter version of the product immediately. Users attempting to use a feature that has not been updated will receive a message to that effect. This includes updates to copy protection schemes for both DVD and Blu-ray."

This implies it does perform Blu-ray decryption (albeit not with all the more advanced features)- but updates lag the registered version?

The reason I'm actually trying to clarify this is that I am keen to purchase the blu-ray option, but I'm not sure exactly what the issue is (ie. causing decrypter to not even acknowledge any blu-ray disc - see my original post) and therefore not sure whether even the blu-ray option would work.

Comment

You may want to list which discs you're trying to copy (although I'd compare it to this list first). When it comes to stuff like this it's a lot of work to create a list of things that you can present a simple error message on, it's more likely that the free version is just a build of old code and there will be a ton of silent failures for certain protections.

Especially with BluRay I'd highly recommend a lifetime subscription, DVDFab has been great about making sure you get your money's worth, but the nature of BD encryption says that it will change over time so you'll need the latest software to decrypt the latest discs.

Comment

Working...
              X