This program freezes a lot. Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This program freezes a lot. Why?

For some time I've found DVDFab9 freezes and cannot recover, at odd times. Usually when the task is completed, it freezes. The DVD successfully rips, the disc ejects, and I click the "finish" button, and then it freezes.

Worst thing is, not even Windows task manager can force quit. I need to hard-reset my PC.

Doesn't happen every time, just sometimes, I can't replicate it on demand. It's just like "do you feel lucky, punk" sort of random event.

When I try CTRL-ALT-DEL and click "end process" it does nothing. The blue loading spinner just spins around endlessly, the program is frozen. Hard-reset PC is only way to close the program!

It would be great if a future version can fix this bug, or at least allow the program to restart or quit via task manager. My Windows 7 PC is very stable, with minimal programs installed and almost no background programs. It's my workstation and all other programs are stable, no problems, only DVDFAB, therefore the problem is with DVDFAB, not my problem! Good luck with the fix!

what version are you using?? the latest version is (9.2.1.5 or 9.2.1.6 beta)
    please post the dvdfab internal log files. it will help the developers alot!!
    you could also try do a complete uninstall of dvdfab run a good registry cleaner
    and reinstall the latest version from a fresh download of dvdfab.
    Last edited by october262; 10-11-2015, 03:46 PM.

Comment

I can't duplicate what you are reporting. Attach the internal log.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
      X