Split by chapter and converting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Split by chapter and converting question

I have a DVD movie with a total of 66 chapters.

They're are 5 scenes total on the DVD. However, 1 scene has like 8 chapters.

I want to take the 5 scenes and make each scene an individual .mp4 file.

I know in the advanced settings under Ripper, I can "Split by chapter". However, if I "Split by chapter", DVDFab creates 8 chapters split of scene 1, so each chapter is 2 minutes long.

I don't want to do that. I want to take all of the 8 Chapters from scene 1 and make a single .mp4 file. And do this for the other 4 scenes.

How can I achieve this? Is batch converting too possible as well?

A "scene" is not really an element of a compliant DVD-Video. If the scenes are actually Titles, DVD Ripper will convert each one to an individual file automatically. Put in a checkmark for each title and they will all be converted in a batch.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I live in the USA. It's an "adult" movie.

When I mean "scene" I mean, sex scene.

There's 5 scenes total. In DVDFab the runtime is well over 2 hours, 66 chapters.

Comment

Got it, what you should do is use the "Trim" feature in DVD Ripper to extract the scenes you want, one at a time, into individual MP4 files. This will go faster if you convert the entire movie to a VIDEO_TS folder on your HDD and run the conversions to MP4 from that.

To set all these up and run as a batch, set up the first scene using Edit->Trim, then click OK. Now use the Copy Source function (right click in the Title line) to re-load the full movie Source again and repeat the Edit->Trim steps for the second scene and so on until you have them all listed, then press Start. See the screen capture attached. To make them into a single MP4 at the same time, just click on the "Merge" button.
        Attached Files
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm having a hard time with the "Trim" feature. Everytime I set the location I want to trim the video plays automatically. How can I trim if the video plays? Maybe in the next update you can fix this and add a feature to my question merging multiple chapters into 1?

Comment

cueball, if you know what chapter your "scene" starts and stops you can do what you want by hovering over the chapter number and selecting the first and last chapter in that "scene". See attached:
            Attached Files
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

There's 66 chapters, you know how long that's going to take?

Thanks though for your input.

Comment

You can pause the playback to set the stop/start points. The Merge button will make it a single MP4.

Comment

Working...
                X