Recomend CUDA Video Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU Recomend CUDA Video Card

I know next to nothing about this, so bear with me please. I am upgrading my machine and in the market for a descent video card. My present one is a cheapo and might as well get something to enhance ripping. On a BD rip I'm getting about 50 fps with the CPU (i7 4770K 3.5G). I have 3 PCIe 3.0 slots available and are SLI compatible (can 2 V/C be linked together to get more performance ??). I'd like to stay around $400~$450 unless there may be a greater good worth the extra cost. I have a 750W P/S so that's not an issue. I'm currently running 3 monitors and have a secondary card to drive 2. So all you experts just jump right in. It may be a month or two before I'm ready (waiting for something else to happen first).

Kevin

Just pull your video card and connect the monitor to the mainboard and use IQS. You'd have to spend a bunch of money to beat what you have there now.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

If you are a gamer and want to keep the three monitor setup, I have a GTX 980 that will do that and get some great encoding speeds. It should come in right around what you're willing to spend.

Albert Einstein

Comment

OK .. I got the monitor switched over to the M/B as suggested. Got all the drivers in, but when I go to select the acceleration type, all the fields are grayed out. Is that normal??? It seems to run about 40% faster, from mid 50's to mid 70's fps (BD). The total time seems to be decreased about 10~15 min.

Comment

Now that it's been running a while speed increased to over 100 fps. Thanks to you I got a cheap solution !!!

Comment

Great! Try copying one to the hard drive and then using that as the source for your encode. I use a main movie iso for my media player and using that as the source I get around 300fps BD and 1200fps on a DVD iso.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I'll try that. But can't do a DVD ISO though because for some reason it always tries to burn to disk instead to saving to file. I even install 9.1.2.6 in hopes of solving this. I tried posting the log to another thread I have going, but it wouldn't "paste". I guess I need to save to file and upload that. I'm glad though I didn't have to spend any big bucks to get this going.

Thanks again.
              Kevin

Comment

Doesn't have to be an iso, a folder will do fine.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Long Live IQS!!

Comment

kherr

Try the method for supplying a log that is linked in my sig, below. May have been too large to go in a post.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks, I got my problem solved. It was a configuration issue ....

Comment

Working...
                      X