movie files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

movie files

hello I am wandering why blu rays sometimes are broken up into many files in the stream folder when I put the movie on a portable hard drive. I get a pause with a black screen when playing them back. Is there any way to combine them into one file. Same thing happens when doing it in iso as well. Thanks

It is the way most Blu-rays are structured. This is most likely a problem with your playback interface or device.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

movie files

It does the same with dvds too

Comment

What Blu-Ray player are you using? I have a Dune HD BD player & when I first got it & was reading through the manual, I saw something in the settings about the player creating a play list. I don't recall off hand exactly what it said but I didn't think it would apply to my use. Well, it did. I had the same problem as you so I went back & ticked that box or whatever it was that I had to do. Then everything worked fine. I just highlight the folder with the movie I want to watch & hit the "Start" button on the remote & presto! It plays the movie without pauses between individual files. So, I would recommend you go back through your players manual & search for anything that relates to play lists.

Comment

Originally posted by dbagger View Post
          It does the same with dvds too
          Yes, it will because DVDs are put together in a similar way. This is reflected in the comment from digidave. When you play a DVD or Blu-ray movie you are playing a system, not a video file. Both formats contain software that your player must run if you want it to play correctly. Most players will do this if you tell it to open the folder that contains the movie. It will not work correctly if you open the folders and tell the player to open and play a VOB or m2ts file.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm using a himedia Q5 media Player. Im not playing the individual files. I scroll down to the movie and select ok to play it. I only realized this was the problem when i put the portable hard drive on my computer and opened all the folders to get to the movie files and saw they were broken up into many files.

Comment

On a DVD, try opening the VIDEO_TS folder with your player, then tell it to play the VIDEO_TS.IFO file.

Comment

I don't have a problem playing the files. I just want to know if there is a way to combine them into one file so they play seamlessly

Comment

They will play seamlessly if you try my suggestion. Unlikely otherwise.

Comment

But i don't have the ability to choose those files. The only thing that shows up when i load the hard drive is the name of the movie. So i click on the movie and it plays

Comment

Originally posted by dbagger View Post
                      I don't have a problem playing the files. I just want to know if there is a way to combine them into one file so they play seamlessly
                      While you can "cat" the files into a single file, you will probably get the files out-of -sequence. The .m2ts files are not necessarily in numerical order.

There are movies where there is only a single .m2ts file. The main use for breaking the movie up into smaller pieces is for seamless viewing. For example, the disc has both a theatrical and director's cut. But, the disc really doesn't have two complete versions of the movie. If there are 5 extra scenes, there will be 5 extra files that will be played. The theatrical version will leave out those 5 .m2ts files.

The other use, which is becoming common, is to break up the movie so that a copy protection scheme can be used. Take the movie Insurgent, for example. When the movie is copied (other than by DVDFab, or using a version of DVDFab before it was updated), the program on the disc will detect that it is a copy and will play two of the scenes with out-of-sequence sections. Plus, the .m2ts files are not in numerical order.

As for DVDs, you can just "cat" the .vob files together into a single file.

So, instead of trying to deal with this yourself, just use DVDFab to make a MKV movie file and play that. No fuss, no muss. Works for DVD or Blu-ray.

Comment

How do u make an mkv file

Comment

You would use the Ripper module for that job.

Comment

Working...
                          X