This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

free region

Can you burn to free region? Or how can I get copy so it will play on Pal system?

Fab will remove the region encoding.

It will not convert NTSC->PAL nor PAL->NTSC.

You will need a multisystem player & TV to do this.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

It will remove it, what does it mean?

Comment

Your set top player is usually set to a region and normally only play DVD's from that region or region-free DVD's.

DVD Fab will take the original DVD, and when copying it, remove any region code present on the DVD, providing you have this is ticked in the settings.

This will allow the copy to be played in any region DVD player but, as I said, does not convert between TV standards so the copy may not play unless your equipment is multi-system.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I used Rip4me before, It is a much longer procces but it has setting for region free. will this one work for me?

Comment

It was actually a PAL/NTSC issue that made me switch towards a media center streaming video to my XBox over DVD duplication - getting the Danish version of Riget to play in my DVD player was far too annoying. If you don't have a compatible system, you can check to see if you can read DIVX or other formats in your DVD player and see if DVD-to-Mobile is right for you.

Comment

Originally posted by morton View Post
              I used Rip4me before, It is a much longer procces but it has setting for region free. will this one work for me?
              That does exactly what DVDFab does, makes it region free but not convert between NTSC and PAL.

Comment

So I can play it in Europe on a region free DVD?

Comment

You can play it anyplace in the known universe, but if it's a PAL source it must be a PAL system, if it's an NTSC source it must be an NTSC system. Some systems can handle both, but they're not common (at least in the US).

Comment

You can play it on your PC but not on your TV. PAL and NTSC are different video standards, only coincidentally related to region coding.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I bought SRARGATE and took it to Europe, it said it was region free on the lable, played it on Pal system. How??

Comment

It was region-free so it didn't matter what region the DVD player was encoded for. Even if it wasn't, many cheap DVD players ignore that part anyway.

As for the PAL/NTSC issue, the most likely reason is that something in your European setup knows how to read NTSC as well as PAL (this would especially be true if it catered to US tourists).

Another viable option is that you ended up with a bootleg version of the disc which by random fluke was PAL-encoded and wouldn't work on US DVD players - not likely but a lot more amusing to contemplate

Comment

Most European and Oz A/V systems are Multi-System and will play both NTSC & PAL.

Comment

Can you explain how I played a DVD from the USA which I bought on line on my pal system, It did say free region on the lable.

Comment

You have already had your answers!!!

Read them!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X