X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 DVD's to 1 file

Hi everyone,

I have over 1000 DVD's and l have started backing them onto a central server. I love this program as the copying is very easy and faster than l expected. One question though, l have several movies that are on 2 discs (Lord of the Rings) and l want to put both parts in one file.

Is there a proper way, or do l just copy both and then cut and paste part 2 into the part 1 folder?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
    ET

Fab won't join them but there are AVI Joiners available on the web although I would not recommend it as AVI's over 2Gb no longer conform to the OpenDML standard and then you can have trouble playing or tagging them.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Moved thread to general questions since it's not a software problem.

Comment

You didn't say whether you were placing the movies on the server as image files(*.ISO), DVD (VIDEO_TS) folders or converted MPEG-4 files (AVI, MP4, MKV etc.) If you use either of the first two options, you will not only have identical quality to the original DVD, but you can use Merge mode to put both sides of the flipper discs into one VIDEO_TS folder or image file, which will play as if they were a single title. Your player software needs to support DVD-Video for this to work.

The file joiner concept works also in most cases.

Originally posted by etgohm View Post
        Hi everyone,

I have over 1000 DVD's and l have started backing them onto a central server. I love this program as the copying is very easy and faster than l expected. One question though, l have several movies that are on 2 discs (Lord of the Rings) and l want to put both parts in one file.

Is there a proper way, or do l just copy both and then cut and paste part 2 into the part 1 folder?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
        ET
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry l shoiuld have indicated that they are VIDEO_TS files. I will try the merge mode though. Otherwise l will just save them as part 1 and 2.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X