Other vob file names

when using fab (8.2.2.9) to convert an episodic disc
    into one disc per episode, what determines the vob file
    name? is this dependent on how the original disc was
    created?

for example, a four episode disc is converted into four new
    disc directories. the converted discs might use vts_01_1.vob
    in each of the four new directories. another might use
    vts_04_1.vob and i just had one use vts_12_1.vob.

so the real question, when doing this "episode conversion",
    is there a way to force the video vob to always be vts_01_1.vob
    (and vts_01_2.vob if two files are necessary)?

thanks.

DVDFab uses the VOB files that contain the episodes you want to copy. There is no way, and no reason I can think of, to modify the numbers and maintain the original menus. To change the numbers all to VTS_01_1.VOB, you can use Main Movie Copy mode to copy one at a time. Your could then stitch them back together either with Merge mode (no menus) or DVD Creator (make your own menus).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

actually i don't need or want menus. if i could choose each episode individually, and have the result vob files always be vts_01_1.vob (vts_01_2.vob) that that is what i'm looking for.

i've been using the customize mode and selecting each title (episode) and writing out a new directory.

i have a series of scripts that use non-fab tools to convert the vob files into other formats. if the vob files were always the same name, then i would not have to edit the scripts for each run.

Comment

Hi gobo
        The VOB files may not always be in the correct order. The playback order is controlled by in formation in the IFO files. If you are not converting them with something that can read the IFOs (like Fab) I would expect at least occasional problems with playback order. The VOBs in a DVD contain lots of DVD-Video specific data as well.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X