Format for Non-PS3 Sony Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Format for Non-PS3 Sony Players

Newbie here so sorry in advance for the lack of knowledge - have tried searching through the forums but just confusing myself further. I have a Sony BDP-S5200 Wireless Blu-Ray Player. Manual shows comparability with Mp4/m4v with AAC. Giving the error message corrupt file/file not supported when try to play any movie from either USB or Transcend HD which are both formatted to FAT32. Also tried from computer (just set-up DLAN) and get same error. I can use both drives without issue on my PS3. I made sure the Dolgy-D was disabled. All were converted to MP4 using DVDFAB Ripper. Do I need to change my settings in future? If so can I use DVDFAB converter for the MP4s I currently have? Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

I have the S5500 model and use H.264 MKV with AC3 audio to play through the USB port. You might try that on yours. It gets around Cinavia protection.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Clarify that the files will play on your PC. What player are you using on the PC where they apparently work?

You may need to convert them to MP4+Stereo AAC rather than some other audio format (which Converter will do). Some players will also choke on very high video bitrates. How large are the files?

oooops, slow on the trigger
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
      X