VHS old school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other VHS old school

I have not used DVD Fab in a while, but now I have a need to convert some old commercial VHS tapes to DVD. I've used ripper in the past to rip DVDs. My question is, is there a way to "rip" a protected VHS with DVD Fab. Example, my wife has a VHS of the Muppets Family Christmas, we want to play them for our grandchildren. I went on Amazon to see if I could find a DVD copy. Yes I can for $500+. I have a perfectly good VHS copy that I own, I have Roxio so I can load the VHS into my PC, but how do I decript it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

John

The analog protection used on VHS must be removed as it is transferred to your PC. There are many devices available that can do this, fairly inexpensively. Search for 'VHS Macrovision remover' or 'VHS Video Stabilizer' on Google. Some of the video capture devices at Meritline.com have the ability to strip the protection and put the video and audio on your PC via USB.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I found one at Amazon for $30 ....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        The analog protection used on VHS must be removed as it is transferred to your PC. There are many devices available that can do this, fairly inexpensively. Search for 'VHS Macrovision remover' or 'VHS Video Stabilizer' on Google. Some of the video capture devices at Meritline.com have the ability to strip the protection and put the video and audio on your PC via USB.
        I used IGRABBER from Meritline something around $20 to convert all my VietNam war series VHS tapes to DVD's total of 7 VHS tapes and they all came out great, Just for info.
        Paid Not To Work
        US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
        Proudly Served On
        USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
        6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Great advice from my pals signals and Jimbo. A few years back I replaced a video capture device (lost in our last move) with:
          "Mygica EZgrabber2" from meritline...cost was about $13.
          It worked perfectly for decrypting and digitizing an old disney Christmas carols sing-along VHS tape, etc...very easy hookup to a win 7 pc and a quick burn to produce a dvd.

We watched the disney dvd together as a family on Christmas Eve...can't begin to tell you what those memories meant to our kids (28 and 30) and my wife and I. I'm certain meritline can hook you up...just read the specs and reviews since some devices are not compatible with an os beyond win 7.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hey stranger, Happy Holidays for you and the fam, Jimbo as well.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              Hey stranger, Happy Holidays for you and the fam, Jimbo as well.
              Howdy pal...same to you. Hope you and the family are all healthy and enjoying the Christmas Holidays together.

Hey Jimbo...Merry Christmas buddy.
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                Howdy pal...same to you. Hope you and the family are all healthy and enjoying the Christmas Holidays together.

Hey Jimbo...Merry Christmas buddy.
                A little late but hope you all had a Merry Xmas and a happy new year coming up
                Paid Not To Work
                US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
                Proudly Served On
                USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
                6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Working...
                X