This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab: Product Registration Fix

Hi folks, first post, hope this helps. I got round the upgrade/ new registration code issue I just saw a few posts about (where your lifetime options are showing as Trial). Sorry if this doesn't match your problem exactly, just worked for me.

was on 5.x, got the 6.x upgrade just now. retrieved the new 6.x key - will get the blu ray option when I finally get blu-ray

I chose the default 'DVDFab 6.x (all in one email)' option and got the key. this only activated my lifetime DVD to DVD, left DVD to Mobile as Trial.

Messed around trying to select the DVD to Mobile row on the registration screen and re-entering the reg code, but did not work.

Went back to get reg code again from website, via link in DVDFab 6.x application (on the registration screen), this time selected the 'DVDFab 6.x' option (second in the drop-down list on the 'Lost your registration key?' page) on the website.

The reg code sent was longer than the first one that was emailed, and entering this code resulted in both dvd to dvd and dvd to mobile now being enabled - so now OK.

Not sure whether clicking on the retrieve registration link within DVDFab 6.x application AFTER I had clicked on the row showing dvd to mobile was on trial, made any difference.

HTH
    --------
    FWIW - I installed 6.0.7.0 (I was previously on 5.2.3.2 - which I see is still installed as well) - I noticed some of the posts mentioned the BETA, not sure if the stable version would fix it for you?

Unless I *NEED* the beta of something, I tend to leave it to the more adventurous types to help iron out the problems....
    Last edited by Dino; 09-26-2009, 05:10 PM. Reason: Updated info

Thanks Dino, maybe this will help someone else. I moved your post to the proper spot as a new thread.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dino View Post
      Hi folks, first post, hope this helps. I got round the upgrade/ new registration code issue I just saw a few posts about (where your lifetime options are showing as Trial). Sorry if this doesn't match your problem exactly, just worked for me.

was on 5.x, got the 6.x upgrade just now. retrieved the new 6.x key - will get the blu ray option when I finally get blu-ray

I chose the default 'DVDFab 6.x (all in one email)' option and got the key. this only activated my lifetime DVD to DVD, left DVD to Mobile as Trial.

Messed around trying to select the DVD to Mobile row on the registration screen and re-entering the reg code, but did not work.

Went back to get reg code again from website, via link in DVDFab 6.x application (on the registration screen), this time selected the 'DVDFab 6.x' option (second in the drop-down list on the 'Lost your registration key?' page) on the website.

The reg code sent was longer than the first one that was emailed, and entering this code resulted in both dvd to dvd and dvd to mobile now being enabled - so now OK.

Not sure whether clicking on the retrieve registration link within DVDFab 6.x application AFTER I had clicked on the row showing dvd to mobile was on trial, made any difference.

HTH
      Dino,

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me. I thought it was going to when my DVD to DVD option went to "enabled" but the license column still read expired, even after I had purchased a new "never expire" license again. I still think its buggy and I hope they are fixing it and that they take care of me/us.

Comment

you gotta run as admin

You have to set DVDFab to run as administrator. This fixes it! Hollllaaaa!

Comment

Even if setting it to admin fixes your problem, do not keep it this way permanently. It is generally safer to not run in UAC admin mode unless absolutely necessary. If Admin is the only way that it works, it means that your folder permissions have gotten stuck on Admin.

A clean uninstall and then reinstall using "Run as Admin" on install only and then double click to run the key.dvdfab6 file and it should work without having to permanently give it admin access. If your problem is fixed then this might be moot but came across this solution working with a few people and wanted to share.

A word of caution though, it seems that clean uninstall doesn't always get rid of the permission stuck files, so you might need to take care of any stragglers including registry entries before you give it another go. Anyway, sorry for the repeat, hope it helps.
          Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k

Comment

I am having a problem with opening my registration key on my attachment. I have windows vista and it says that the key does not have an association and I need to create one in set associations. I know how to change my associations but I don't know program I need to open the registration key. Someone please help me!!!!

Comment

when choosing go to program files- DVDFab 6 then choose DVDFab application and it should activate for you

Comment

Originally posted by gimmiemy View Post
                I am having a problem with opening my registration key on my attachment. I have windows vista and it says that the key does not have an association and I need to create one in set associations. I know how to change my associations but I don't know program I need to open the registration key. Someone please help me!!!!
                I believe what is meant is to double click the file, then select DVDFab application (if not already on that list then you can search for it), make sure the checkbox to always use is selected and viola it will use it and will also in the future.
                Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k

Comment

Working...
                X