VidOn Box (Free) with lifetime purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VidOn Box (Free) with lifetime purchase

I purchased the lifetime all in one today, with "gift". I was told at checkout that their "gift" (VidOn Box FREE) was no longer available in the american version, only the european version was available. I am not really sure if this device needs to plug into a standard outlet or if the european standard for computer USB is different than the american (I'm assuming it is different) but why give me something that is of no use at all. I could not even order the product without selecting the european version. I would have preferd to not even get this "gift". What I would have liked to see was "hey guys the american version is out of stock and we will send one to you when we get them back in". Your sales department made a good purchase feel like you don't really give a rats a**.
    DVDFab X64 v
    Proccessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
    Ram: 16GB
    System: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor​

I have moved your post to its own thread, it was not really part of the discussion in the one where you posted. I suspect the only difference is the power adapter, but I will check it for you. There may be some firmware or other differences. USB is USB AFAIK, the U stands for Universal.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Vidon Adaptor

Hello,
      I too received my Vidon Box and it was supplied with the European adaptor (even after Dvdfab cs assured me they would send the US model). I am a little bit concerned about just getting a Europe>US plug adaptor because the imput (.05 amp) requirements (see attached picture). Also are there any firmware/usage differences?
      Thanks, Jim
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20160125_192218.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	313903
      Last edited by ibij2; 01-26-2016, 02:48 AM. Reason: added words

Comment

Go to RadioShack and get a Europe/USA inverter, that's what I did and it works a treat. Europe is 220v by the way.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Cool, thanks.

Comment

Probably the cheaper route would be to find a wall power supply of the same input voltage that fits. Don't fret amperage too much as long as it is at least the minimum. Voltage is critical. Minimum amp. requirement doubles going from 220v to 110v.
            Last edited by 90312; 01-26-2016, 03:30 PM.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ibij2 View Post
              Hello,
              I too received my Vidon Box and it was supplied with the European adaptor (even after Dvdfab cs assured me they would send the US model). I am a little bit concerned about just getting a Europe>US plug adaptor because the imput (.05 amp) requirements (see attached picture). Also are there any firmware/usage differences?
              Just get the plug adapter, or cut off the existing plug and put on a US plug. The power supply will work anywhere in the world. Says so right on the label. If I read the label correctly, the .05 amp is the DC output max current.

Comment

Originally posted by 13Aidan View Post
                or if the european standard for computer USB is different than the american (I'm assuming it is different)
                USB is USB, no matter where you are in the world.

Comment

Working...
                X