This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License/Key Licensing Question

I purchased a DVDFab DVD Ripper Never Expire license roughly 6 months ago. At the time of the purchase, I had a PC and everything worked fine with the software and license. Recently, that PC is gone and I have moved to a Macbook. I did not find any information that my license is directly tied to PC so I downloaded the Mac DVDFab software and installed it. When I try and apply the license to the Mac, it does not indicate there is any error although launching the program on my Mac results in the Trial splash screen. If I try to activate with my user, again, no error but the license screen that gets displayed says DVD Ripper is a Trial User License.

Am I not allowed to use my "Never Expire" license on this new Mac? I will not be using that original PC ever again and my "Never Expire" license I bought is not used on any other computers.

you will need to purchase the Mac license for dvdfab.
    it has been stated that dvdfab will not transfer license from PC to Mac

Comment

OK, thanks for the information. I did look and was not able to find that information and wasn't going to spend more time than I already had searching through posts on this forum. It certainly is not plainly obvious in any of the information concerning licensing purchases on the web site.

As much money as I've spent over the years with DVDFab, and to have this license issue occur 6 months after buying the never expiring license, I'l spend my money somewhere else.

Comment

Hi RedRocket
        You could try contacting the Service Team on the Fab website (Support->Contact) and explain your situation they might be able to help.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

CBR929,

Thanks... will do!

Comment

Certainly. I have sent off an email politely requesting a transfer. Will update with the results.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Please don't, the official policy is that this is not allowed. If they do it for you, great, but there is absolutely no guarantee that they will do so for someone reading this thread in the future.
              Originally posted by RedRocket View Post
              Certainly. I have sent off an email politely requesting a transfer. Will update with the results.

Thanks everyone!
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                Please don't, the official policy is that this is not allowed. If they do it for you, great, but there is absolutely no guarantee that they will do so for someone reading this thread in the future.
                Understood.

I do have an additional question... where is the official policy that states what you are referring too? If it was easier to find, I may not have even posted this thread.

Comment

Just take the statement at face value. Every post you make in this thread makes it more difficult for them to do this for anyone else in the future. Assume I know what I'm saying, even if you don't believe it.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                  X