Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP Please. I'm Lost

Hi!
    I am completely new at this and I am not finding the thread I need.

My goal: Burn movie files to a DVD disk that will be able to play on a normal (not fancy) DVD player connected to the television at the best quality possible for what I have with the options for subtitles and different languages- basically as close to the actual DVD as possible.

What I have: A PC laptop, One LG Electronics 8X USB 2.0 Super Multi Ultra Slim Portable DVD Rewriter with M-DISC Support, DVD+R Double Layer 8x 240min 8.5GB disks, Movie files that have Audio_TS and Video_TS folders (the Video_TS folders seem to have .ifo, .vob, and .bup files), DVDFab 9.2.2.3 (looks like I have copy, ripper, converter, and creator), a lack of understanding how to accomplish this.

What I need to know: What are my step-by-step instructions I need to follow in order to reach my goal with what I have? I do not even know what format or file type the files need to be converted to. I am able to successfully play the movies by clicking on the .ifo file on my laptop using VLC media player but I want to be able to watch them on the DVD player on the television. I am really lost and cannot seem to find what I’m looking for as far as help. I would GREATLY appreciate your help!

Thank you!

How can you not know which DVDFab options you have purchased? Did you buy this PC from someone else and it just happened to have DVDFab on it? You can find lots of information on how to use the product here in the forum or on the DVDFab website (www.dvdfab.cn). The website is probably the better choice for the very basic information you seem to need, including a user manual and tutorials. User manual: http://download.dvdfab.cn/manual/dvd...of-dvdfab9.zip Product outline: http://www.dvdfab.cn/dvd-copy.htm

I must warn you that if you obtained a PC that has DVDFab on it and the original Fab purchaser continues to use it on another machine, this violates the DVDFab EULA and will result in both installations being "blacklisted" (de-registered). The same applies to DVDFab products purchased from illegitimate sources, including ebay, craigslist and similar places.

Originally posted by kittentoes View Post
    Hi!
    I am completely new at this and I am not finding the thread I need.

My goal: Burn movie files to a DVD disk that will be able to play on a normal (not fancy) DVD player connected to the television at the best quality possible for what I have with the options for subtitles and different languages- basically as close to the actual DVD as possible.

What I have: A PC laptop, One LG Electronics 8X USB 2.0 Super Multi Ultra Slim Portable DVD Rewriter with M-DISC Support, DVD+R Double Layer 8x 240min 8.5GB disks, Movie files that have Audio_TS and Video_TS folders (the Video_TS folders seem to have .ifo, .vob, and .bup files), DVDFab 9.2.2.3 (looks like I have copy, ripper, converter, and creator), a lack of understanding how to accomplish this.

What I need to know: What are my step-by-step instructions I need to follow in order to reach my goal with what I have? I do not even know what format or file type the files need to be converted to. I am able to successfully play the movies by clicking on the .ifo file on my laptop using VLC media player but I want to be able to watch them on the DVD player on the television. I am really lost and cannot seem to find what I’m looking for as far as help. I would GREATLY appreciate your help!

Thank you!
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I will look at the link.
      I am not using someone else's version of the program. I am sorry that I am ignorant to what version I purchased. It is because I do not know how to use this, that's why I'm asking for help. My laptop is new and when I check my registration email from Dec, it says:
      Thank you for choosing DVDFab!
      =================================
      DVDFab DVD Copy (Never Expire)
      DVDFab DVD Ripper (Never Expire)

So I guess Copy and Ripper are what I own. But the tabs at the top of the program also say "converter" and "creator"

My mother is 70 and less computer literate than I am (I'm sure there are plenty of super computer savvy 70 yo, but this one happens to be a lost cause). She has DVDs that are getting too scratched up and I need to be able to preserve some of the disks. That is why I need to be able to make a disk that you can just put in a DVD player. If I put her disks on something that you had to do any extra fiddling with, she would not use them.

Comment

Working...
      X