Typical Blu-ray Copy Speed / Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Typical Blu-ray Copy Speed / Time

Just curious, what are the typical times / speeds that people are seeing copying blu-ray discs with current computer hardware? I've copied a lot of DVDs in the past but not blu-ray discs.

I copied a Blu-ray disc today, main movie only, default settings, for the first time on my recently purchased ASUS G752VT laptop (a backup copy of Secretariat for my wife who watches it incessantly). I replaced the internal DVD burner (DVD-RAM UJ8HC) with a (Matshita BD-MLT UJ272) blu-ray unit.

The source size was around 25.4 GB and the output size was 23GB. It took around 51 minutes to copy/compress the source and 30 minutes to burn it, total of around one hour and 21 minutes. Considering the amount of data, that seems like a reasonable amount of time but I'm curious to compare with others and gain some tips for further reducing the time.

Do any of you care to share your experience?

r/StanDiego

That is not bad at all. You can probably get faster times if you add a USB 3.0 external BD drive that uses a desktop-type drive. The internal laptop drives generally have slower read and write speeds, and the optical drive is the bottleneck in almost all cases.

Specs for your drive (read): BD-ROM : Max 6X CAV(for Data) | 2.0x CLV(for Video), Write: BD-R SL: 6X max
    Specs for LG BE14NU40 (read): BD-ROM : 12X (for video), Write: BD-R SL 14X max (media-dependant)
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X