Old Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Dog

So I haven't been getting any dvd's for some time, just streaming but I want to get back into it.

I own DVD copy which I used to use and I would use different programs to turn it into a video file. It didn't always work out and I have a lot of movies where the audio is not in sync so good.

What should I do now? There's a DVD fab product that does it all?

Can I add that functionality to my existing product or is there an upgrade patch etc.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

You need to update to DVDFab v9.x and get the DVD Ripper module to go with what you have now I think. Read through the forum, there are very few AV sync issues anymore. If you are using v8 or older, you will need to create a user account at the DVDFab Member Center on the website http://www.dvdfab.cn/member.htm?a=register&t=per using the same email address used when you purchased the DVD Copy module. Fab v9.x does not use downloadable keys, it activates online using the email and password you set up at the Member Center.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

So owning copy doesn't really help me get ripper (as far as like an upgrade), just gives me the functionality to make disks.

If I used ripper and made a file I could burn a disk from that file with copy?

Thanks

Comment

here's some info on the DVD ripper module. - http://www.dvdfab.cn/manual/dvd-ripper
        Last edited by october262; 01-28-2016, 08:53 PM.

Comment

tacman7, I'm not real clear on what you're asking but if you want to make a disc of say an MP4 you'll need "Creator" for that.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Guess I don't have any real use for copy anymore.

So would ripper be the best product to make digital copies of my DVD library so I could watch them with easier access?

I guess I could play the folders that copy makes but does that take up a lot of extra space? Or what's the best quality to use in a compressed file?

or

What's the best way to store your video library?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

The beauty of Ripper is you can experiment and see which works for you best. I make MKV .H264 for my Samsung and iPad, one size fits all you know. I store them on a small USB 1TB external drive, don't think I can afford enough movies to fill it.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by tacman7 View Post
                So owning copy doesn't really help me get ripper (as far as like an upgrade), just gives me the functionality to make disks.
                Correct. They are sold separately.
                If I used ripper and made a file I could burn a disk from that file with copy?
                Ripper produces single files, like MP4, AVI or MKV. You can store these files on a DVD disc with no special software, but you can't play them on most DVD players.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X