NTSC to PAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other NTSC to PAL

I would like to know if I change a DVD from NTSC to PAL with DVDFab 9.2.2.6. Thank you in advance

No, DVDFab DVD Copy can change (remove) the Region restrictions but not change the video format.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you signals. I appreciate your help. Cheers

Comment

You are welcome. Note that almost all software players on PCs will play either format without complaint.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by MMV View Post
          I would like to know if I change a DVD from NTSC to PAL with DVDFab 9.2.2.6. Thank you in advance
          A technical note: With digital video, there is no such thing as NTSC or PAL. Both of those are ANALOG formats. DVD players were sold as NTSC, or PAL, for the OUTPUT analog video format. The 480i29.97 video was converted to NTSC analog for NTSC TVs/monitors. Same goes for 576i25 digital video for PAL TVs/monitors. But, outside of the U.S. it was very common to have DVD players that handled both 480i and 576i digital video and output that as NTSC or PAL analog.

As pointed out, every computer that plays DVD discs will play 480i, or 576i, video. The same goes for DVD, or Blu-ray/DVD, standalone players, especially those with HDMI outputs, will play 480i or 576i DVD discs. The drawback is the region code. If your player is not region all (no such thing as region free), then you won't be able to play discs that do not match the region code of the player.

Comment

Originally posted by MMV View Post
            Is there any particular reason why you wish to do this?

Cheers
            I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
            I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Working...
            X