Windows 10 update blocking dvdfab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 update blocking dvdfab?

I have been running windows 10 pro for some time and didn't have any problems with dvdfab. After some updates a few weeks ago, my system became very unstable and unusable for all practical purposes although i could still start dvdfab from the desktop icon and it would work.
    I gave up on finding resolution to the issues i was having in win10 so i completely blew it away and started over. I've let it install all updates that it thought it needed but now dvdfab will not rip from any disk i try. It never gets past 0% and ends up timing out.
    To test my hardware, i replaced my ssd with a standard drive and installed windows 8.1. Dvdfab works fine on my system with 8.1 with and without all the updates.
    I've gone back to my ssd with win10, completed the latest updates, removed dvdfab and all its supporting files that are left behind, rebooted and reinstalled the latest version. I chose not to make any configuration changes in dvdfab this time at an attempt to limit my tinkering as being the issue. However, it still stalls in win10.

Here is the version of win10 i am currently running.
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]

Anyone with similar issues or problems? Any ideas what to try next? I don't really want to have to boot between two disks just to get back to 8.1 so i can rip my movies.

Thanks.

try the "Windows 7 Compatibility mode" option, see if that works.
    and make sure that you are running dvdfab "as administrator"
    Last edited by october262; 02-18-2016, 03:42 AM.

Comment

No problems here:
      Attached Files
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
        try the "Windows 7 Compatibility mode" option, see if that works.
        and make sure that you are running dvdfab "as administrator"
        Thanks, but no love. I attempted setting compatibility for both win7 and win8 as well as running as administrator.
        DVDfab can read the disk, and it sounds like it spins the disk up when i tell it to start, but still just stalls. It does create the folder structure, but that is about it.

Comment

Same isssue here.

I've tried uninstalling reinstalling. No luck.

Comment

Please try re-downloading from the link here in the forum and re-installing. A problem with the original installer has been corrected; it was not a problem for most users but depending on Win10 and antivirus/security settings caused odd effects for some.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

same problem

i too have the same problem and attempted same solutions on 3 different laptops but to no avail. the post stated to download from the forum however I don't see the download. I have owned fab since 2003 and this is the first time I have not been able to backup my movies . the problem began in mid march. it was hit or miss at first with the beta actually worked twice before it quit. please advise.

Comment

Please attach a DVDFab internal log session, instructions are linked in my sig, below.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I also had this same issue. Win10 allowed DVDFAB to install, but then my entire system slowed down and I got a blue screen. Reinstalled win 10 and after installing DVDFAB again, same thing happened. Entire system is now wiped, so unfortunately no logs, but now not sure if I want to go through an entire system install again. has anyone come up with a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie. View Post
                    I also had this same issue. Win10 allowed DVDFAB to install, but then my entire system slowed down and I got a blue screen. Reinstalled win 10 and after installing DVDFAB again, same thing happened. Entire system is now wiped, so unfortunately no logs, but now not sure if I want to go through an entire system install again. has anyone come up with a solution?
                    you tried running dvdfab in the windows 7 compatibility Mode or
                    In safe mode ?? And are you running dvdfab as administrator.

Comment

I can't say my experience is the same as yours but when I upgraded to Windows 10 I chose not to keep any files from the previous OS. I had all sorts of problems, DVDFab Media player would not open a DVD at all and several other issues. So after about the third time I elected to keep all files and all my issues were resolved. I think maybe something necessary is omitted when choosing a clean install of Windows 10.
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X