This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is siliconaction a legit reseller?

I had dvdfab 5 and was looking to upgrade to dvdfab6. I did a google search and saw siliconaction and bought it with paypal a few days ago. I got an email with download link but didn't get correct license key. Dvdfab.com don't have an email in their database of me. WTF gives did I get taken???

Administrator's Note:
    This is a complicated situation. Please see the final post in this thread.
    Last edited by W&B; 01-21-2010, 04:16 PM. Reason: removed link

Only purchase from DVDfab.com or DVDFab.net

Comment

Ahhh I thought so. I can't afford to pay again! Thanks for letting me know. Do you think paypal will refund me cos I don't think siliconaction.com would since they have not replied to my emails!

Comment

I would try!! At least file a complaint.

Comment

Dear Mr.Smith,

Thank you for contacting us.

The moderator at DVDFab certainly doesn't know we are an authentic reseller of DVDFab, authorized by DVDIdle, the company that developed DVDFab.

We don't know the moderator of this forum, but if he contacts Mrs.Wendy Lu, DVDFab Market Manager, she will be able to confirm that we are an authorized reseller of DVDFab.

We hope that this terrible misunderstanding will be promptly rectified by the moderator and by Mrs.Wendy Lu.

Furthermore, please know that we have answered all your e-mail messages at the very same day they were sent to us.

Best regards,

-Alex Hoffmann, SiliconAction

Comment

The only authorized place to purchase DVDFab is DVDFab.com.

Thread Closed and member banned.

Comment

siliconaction shows up as a spammer on stop forum spam if they are listed as a spammer then they are not a legit place to purchase from

Administrator's Note: Neither siliconaction nor their IP address are listed on SFS any longer.
              Last edited by AGJ; 01-23-2010, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Fengtao does have an affiliate program, but it was my understanding that all of the affiliate sites linked back to dvdfab.net for the purchase. The siliconaction site does not. Being listed at stopforumspam is not a good sign, it tells me at the very least that links to the site have been placed where they are not welcome. In Fengtao's own words, his site is the only legitimate one so no matter where they begin, all sales should be consummated there until he says different.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

UPDATE:

The answer to the question posed in the title to this thread is: yes and no. Siliconaction's site operated as a reseller of DVDFab, a type of relationship which Fengtao no longer supports. Fengtao does have an affiliate program, but the site being discussed is not one of them at this time. I have edited out all links to the site. jsmith should take whatever steps necessary to obtain a working key or a refund (which the site promises). In all fairness, let me add that the forum staff has no direct knowledge of DVDFab business relationships since it is not really a suitable topic for discussion and further, that user jsmith has been asked for substantiation of his purchase there by siliconaction and DVDFab and has not as yet responded. Regardless, these matters should be handled with direct contact with those involved, not here.

@siliconaction
                  I will lift your ban, but this forum is not the place to air business differences with Fengtao , you customers or anyone else. This should be handled privately. The information I posted came directly from him. Please do not link the site here; the posts will be deleted and the ban will be permanently reinstated.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                  X