This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Lionsgate DVD Copy Issues?

Has anyone noticed or encountered problems after making a DVD disc copy of a Lionsgate DVD (i.e. The Duff, Shaun The Sheep, etc) that after pressing play movie from the menu screen it will just stay on a black screen? It might just be my DVD player model but in order for the movie to play I have to press the fast forward button.

It's not a giant ground breaking issue, it's just really annoying.

DVD Player Model Issue: Sony BDP-S360

It plays fine on my laptop drive though.

Just an update, the same issue has happened with my Downton Abbey Series 4, 5, & 6: Disc 1, 2, 3.

Basically there's: Part One, Part Two, Part Three - on the dvd menu. Parts 2 & 3 play automatically with no problem but the first episode of each disc has the same issue where if you don't fast forward it - it will stay infinitely paused on a black screen. Only thing is this DVD series is licensed by PBS and not Lionsgate.

So do these companies intentionally make "new encryptions" to intentionally leave bad sectors on the disc so that no one can make copies of them without complications? If so, is there a work around for making a full copy disc so that I don't have the aforementioned problems above?

I was using DVDFab 9 (9.2.3.7) to make these DVD copies, I'll re-try it with DVDFab 8QT and see if it gives me the same issue when I play it on my dvd player.

These DVD discs are all Region 1 by the way,

Comment

Originally posted by Shawk View Post
      Has anyone noticed or encountered problems after making a DVD disc copy of a Lionsgate DVD (i.e. The Duff, Shaun The Sheep, etc) that after pressing play movie from the menu screen it will just stay on a black screen? It might just be my DVD player model but in order for the movie to play I have to press the fast forward button.

It's not a giant ground breaking issue, it's just really annoying.

DVD Player Model Issue: Sony BDP-S360

It plays fine on my laptop drive though.
      Having the same exact problem with the Mac version of 9.2.3.7 on many discs including but not limited to Lionsgate. Plays OK on the KDLink720, but will not play on the Oppo - BDP93.
      Just the black screen as you describe.
      Downgraded to 9.2.3.1, and with the exact same disc played fine on either of the BDP-93's and had no problem whatsoever. Sticking with 9.2.3.1 until further notice and staying away from 9.2.3.7 until the next build appears.

Comment

If you have this problem, you should post it in the DVD Copy forum and attach the DVDFab internal log session that relates to the particular disc. Instructions for this are linked in my sig, below. All these titles should be supported. The studios often have aggressive new protections on both DVDs and Blu-rays.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          If you have this problem, you should post it in the DVD Copy forum and attach the DVDFab internal log session that relates to the particular disc. Instructions for this are linked in my sig, below. All these titles should be supported. The studios often have aggressive new protections on both DVDs and Blu-rays.
          Logs have been going back and forth with support for a little less than a week now, and last response seemed to seemed to suggest they had seen an issue, and to be patient and stick with 9.2.3.1 for the time being.
          This seems like good news and perhaps a fixed build is in the works . . .

Comment

When you post about a problem in the forum, put it in the right place and include the required information for the fastest response.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X