Windows 10 Master Topic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows

Why do you think that MS would take care on this? As mentioned in my former post MS is not very interested to keep DVDFab running. Rather they will support the film industry to stop such programs in the future.

Comment

Windows 10 and newer computers

Originally posted by Dieter View Post
      Why do you think that MS would take care on this? As mentioned in my former post MS is not very interested to keep DVDFab running. Rather they will support the film industry to stop such programs in the future.
      Microsoft indeed isn't concerned whether or not a program like DvdFab works properly with their software or not. As a matter of fact, I read an article in an electronics magazine several months back that some computer makers were even looking into implementing hardware measures into their computers to interfere with programs like this. It just may end up having to be that you end up having to use computers with operating systems before windows 10. We shall see as time goes on.

Comment

This does not appear to be a Microsoft problem per se. From what I could tell (and I am not a programmer)....the log file I posted in this thread (Post # 22) indicates that a call to an Intel Library failed. It appears that MS may have updated the Intel Library with a new version starting with Build 14342 and now DVDFab has to update their call to that library. Again, this is just a guess. Maybe if someone here has more knowledge than me and can look at that logfile, we can get a second opinion.

Wilson indicated that he could reproduce the problem on 5/17/2016 (Post #7 of this thread) that was the one and only update from him on this issue.

My biggest angst is over the lack of communication. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon.

Comment

New Win 10 build 14371 with latest ver 9305 still not running
          Attached Files

Comment

Build 14372, issue remains.

Comment

We are working on Win10 preview build compatibility problem, and will fix it asap, thanks for your understanding.
              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
              http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Do you have a rough time frame when we can see a fix?

Comment

There is no precise time frame. Or a rough one for that matter.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Windows 10 Build 14372 RS1 Release 160620-2342

Just took on Windows 10 Build 14372 RS1 Release 160620-2342. Still not working with DVDFab 9.3.0.5. Up to this point I have not been able to get even the splash screen or any log files to generate. Tonight after taking on the most recent release I do get the splash screen and DVDFab opens for about 3 seconds before it crashes. Here is the content of the dvdfab_internal.log file. Hope this helps some.
                    Attached Files

Comment

EagleOne, please ATTACH logs instead of posting them in the message area. Your log is either incomplete or you had two discs loaded when you opened DVDFab, try it with just one.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                        We are working on Win10 preview build compatibility problem, and will fix it asap, thanks for your understanding.
                        Thank you for letting us know it's being worked on and will be fixed asap.
                        We appreciate the update.

Comment

New Log Files.

Originally posted by signals View Post
                          EagleOne, please ATTACH logs instead of posting them in the message area. Your log is either incomplete or you had two discs loaded when you opened DVDFab, try it with just one.
                          I tried what you suggested. I removed one of the DVD's and launched DVDFab. I then tried again with no DVD in any of my drives. I'm guessing the logs are incomplete because DVDFab crashes.

I'm including five files. The Application logs show an error and two information messages. The information message references a crash report which is included and titled "WER_Report".

Note, the OneDVD_dvdfab_internal.log got a little further, but misidentified my operating system as Windows 7 and not Windows 10. In both attempts I never saw the splash screen.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by EagleOne; 06-28-2016, 03:10 AM. Reason: Added note

Comment

Build 14376 DVD Fab works!!!!!!!!!!
                            Last edited by stansher; 06-28-2016, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Great news!
                              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Confirmed. 9.3.0.5 is working (at least somewhat) on Build 14376.

There are still errors occurring and they still seem related to MFXInit - but at least DVDFab will run under this build.

I've attached my log files.

Also received an announcement from Microsoft that the Windows 10 Anniversary Build will be available on August 2 so there's about a month to get the issue fully resolved.

Will continue to monitor as new Windows and DVDFab releases are issued.

Attached Files
                                Last edited by Theojt; 06-29-2016, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X