Partial Subtitles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partial Subtitles?

Occasionally a movie or TV show (e.g. Game of Thrones) will have characters speak in a foreign tongue (e.g. Dothraki) and put subtitles on the screen. Since I don't normally rip movies or shows with subtitles enabled, I'm discovering that the process also leaves out these "in show" subtitles. Since I don't want the entire episode ripped with subtitles, but DO want these in show subtitles to appear in the rips, is there any way/what are the settings to avoid adding subtitles to the entire rip, but include the in show subtitling, which is usually necessary to understand the characters?

You must either know which stream the translation subs are in or if they are in the stream with the normal dialogue, select Display Only Forced, which will filter the subs so that you only get the ones that are translations. This is problematic in some cases since each disc handles this in slightly different ways.

If Display Only Forced produces no subtitles at all, that means the subs are in a different stream, probably by themselves (Spectre was done this way). You can use the DVDFab Preview function to find them.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X