No announcement yet.

9.2.4.4 Has a problem (very slow load)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance 9.2.4.4 Has a problem (very slow load)

There appears to be a problem with the newest official release v9.2.4.4. It is VERY slow to install, start and uninstall. Here's what I've noted so far:

v9.2.4.3 beta
    ---------------
    9.2.4.3b Install time = 20s
    9.2.4.3b Application start time = 21s
    9.2.4.3b Uninstall time = 19s

v9.2.4.4 official
    -----------------
    9.2.4.4 Install time = 2:19s
    9.2.4.4 Application start time = 2:21s
    9.2.4.4 Uninstall time = 2:17s

My rig:
    * Windows 10
    * 8-Core i7-6700k
    * 32GB RAM
    * Samsung SSD 950 Pro 512GB
    * nVIDIA geForce GTX 970 (newest driver 10.18.13.6822)

These are from CLEAN installs (all drives and previous data removed). I've confirmed twice that going back to 9.2.4.3b restores the speed to normal. I've tried both a full install of 9.2.4.4 from forum distro and also by allowing 9.2.4.3b to update through the app. Same results in the end -- the app will take over 2 minutes to load.

Don't know if it's relevant, but it's strange that ALL of the times for 9.2.4.4 are very close in duration (~2:20s for install/load/uninstall)

I've also turned off all CUDA/hardware processing options and then restarted. It has no effect. Nor does running 'As Administrator'.
    Last edited by colossus71; 05-26-2016, 12:53 AM.

The issue seems to be Defender, if the folder is excluded it will load right up. I don't recommend it but it works. I reported the issue.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      The issue seems to be Defender, if the folder is excluded it will load right up. I don't recommend it but it works. I reported the issue.
      As usual, you are correct. Once I excluded the folder everything snapped up instantly.

Many thanks.

Comment

Curious though, do you know what changed from 9.2.4.3b to 9.2.4.4 that made Defender start acting up?

Comment

I don't have the first clue. Something in the code causes Defender to chew on it a while I guess.

Albert Einstein

Comment

The developers tell me they have been able to duplicate the problem with the 14342 build of win10 so they can work on it now.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

There are two separate issues, Windows 10 Pro 64bit - v1511 (os build 10586.318)also has a very slow load time on 9.2.4.4 if running Windows Defender and not excluding the folder in Defender.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I can't even get the latest release of Dvdfab to even open windows 10 insider preview build 14352 Back to Enterprise LTBS

Comment

Working...
                X