This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

registration key problem

i have used dvdfab since version 4. great software! i cannot seem to get my registration key for the latest version to work. i have tried every way possible. it accepts the key, restarts, and is still locked/expired. been trying for 6 months now with some help from dvdfab6 but to no avail. have downloaded latest version and had a new key sent....but doesnt work. if i double click on the key, i get "windows cannot open file." if i copy and paste, it accepts, restarts and comes up still lock/expired.

i dont know what else to try.

anyones help is appreciated. need movies for my zune.

thanks

Have you read this thread and tried these suggestions?
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

thank you

i will try that and post the outcome.

thanks for your help, much appreciated

Comment

If it still doesn't work, please tell us the version of windows you are using. Remember that you must install and run as administrator.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

nice!

seems to be working now. very much appreciated. my ignorance was the problem. that link really helped.

best dvd to mp4 software out there!

thanks again

Comment

Your welcome glad I could help.
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Still no registration

Hi.

I have tried all the possible options to register and my DVDFab will not register.

The informations: Legal Vista home premium, SP2. All the installs and deinstalls have been tried both in safe mode no LAN support and in normal mode with my account (admin). Deinstall, clean reg with CCleaner (3 times till no DVDFab shows in the results), del prefetch lines with DVDFab, reboot, install (tried latest stable and latest beta) as admin. Uncheck start DVDFab at the end of the install. Check that DVDFab is set as "Run as admin". Enter code via the registration file sent by mail and by cut & paste. DVDFab is in French version. DVDFab was registered OK some months ago.

All this give the same result: Trial user and expiry time unlimited. I rip one DVD and DVDFab expires.

Comment

Originally posted by robrub View Post
                Hi. I have tried all the possible options to register and my DVDFab will not register.
                See link in my sig "Registration Key Problems?" or
                Last edited by maineman; 01-28-2010, 04:57 PM.
                AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Key Problems

Originally posted by happiness=best revenge View Post
                  i have used dvdfab since version 4. great software! i cannot seem to get my registration key for the latest version to work. i have tried every way possible. it accepts the key, restarts, and is still locked/expired. been trying for 6 months now with some help from dvdfab6 but to no avail. have downloaded latest version and had a new key sent....but doesnt work. if i double click on the key, i get "windows cannot open file." if i copy and paste, it accepts, restarts and comes up still lock/expired.

i dont know what else to try.

anyones help is appreciated. need movies for my zune.

thanks
                  I had the same problem, Try this, it worked for me. Install DVDFAB then right click icon on desktop and click run as administrator. Then click on key file. It should register the prog. Good luck

Comment

Hi.

I had tried all the options / proposals found on the forum and did also what they told me to try with no results.

BUT, when they sent me a new registration code, the problem get solved instantly

All is working OK once more

RR

Comment

Good Deal .... all is well now .... another Happy Camper !!!

AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Working...
                      X