Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview in 9.3.0.2 no longer works

Hello.

I installed the new version 9.3.0.2. And since then the preview no longer works. More specifically it shows a black screen. The window opens, sound is available, it seems, that the movie is played. But only with black screen.

I use Dvdfab on a 64 Bit Windows 7 installation. For preview the internal decoder is selected.

There are two easy workarounds for this problem, which is being corrected:
    1) Using the Internal preview engine, after starting playback, grab and move the Preview window and move it left or right, up or down. Even a slight movement should make the video appear.
    2) Choose the DXVA option for Preview in Common Settings
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

The first workaround it is. Moving the preview window lures the movie from hiding.

The secoend option does'nt work here. If DXVA option is chosen, Dvdfab crashes immediately by pressing any preview button.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on DXVA, that worked for me with Win7 64 and DirectX 11. Hopefully an upcoming release will correct it, it is a known issue for the devs.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm using Windows 10 and also had the DXVA crash. I didn't know about dragging the window yet, but I fixed it by using direct show without hardware acceleration. And that works for me.

Comment

Update to 9.3.0.3 preview is fixed.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              There are two easy workarounds for this problem, which is being corrected:
              1) Using the Internal preview engine, after starting playback, grab and move the Preview window and move it left or right, up or down. Even a slight movement should make the video appear.
              2) Choose the DXVA option for Preview in Common Settings
              Using version 9.3.1.2 and still no video. May be a compatibility problem with Radeon graphics card. Switching to Microsoft Basic Display driver allows video in preview but disables my HDMI connection.
              Last edited by xtulmkr; 08-21-2016, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X