BSOD during installation on Win7 64bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSOD during installation on Win7 64bit

I hope someone could help please. I am having serious BSOD crashes when I try to install dvdfab. I have the registered version. As soon as it completes installing is when the crash occurs. I really don't think any kind of crash report could be generated because it crashes during installation. Something that dvdfab is installing is seriously colliding with my Windows 7 64bit system.

The funny thing is it works fine if you install BEFORE updating windows from a fresh install. There is something that win 7 is downloading and updating that is causing this. I wish I knew what it was, then I could remove it totally. To check myself would take far too long I suspect. Having to install each and every update and then re-attempt dvdfab installation.. what a nightmare.

I installed windows 7 recently and tried to install dvdfab. Everything went smoothly. Worked fine. Then I tried something. I remove/uninstalled it and then updated Windows. Soon as the system was up to date I then tried to install dvdfab again. The whole system locked up and had to press the reset button. All I got was the usual 'your system has been halted to avoid further damage'.. that sort of thing.

Does anyone have any suggestions please? I really don't fancy having to reinstall Windows and block all updates just to get dvdfab working.

Many thanks,

ymo1965

Make sure you are installing dvdfab "As administrator"
    Also check other programs like windows defender
    And your Antivirus/Spyware programs as these can
    Affect instalation.
    Last edited by october262; 06-18-2016, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Fab works fine with this OS with updates through early this year, so it must be something fairly recent. Unusual to cause a BSOD, no other reports of this.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Tried again...

Thanks for your replies. I tried installing as administrator and still gave the same BSOD. I also checked regarding the Defender program and it wasn't even running when I checked. As for my anti-virus, I use AVG. I disabled it for 10 mins but this made no difference.

The only other nugget of info I can give is the BSOD screen mentioned this...

KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR.

Is this a memory error? I really don't know what else to do without reinstalling Windows 7 and gradually installing updates in sections and keep trying until I pinpoint the culprit. Sounds a bit too laborious to me :/

Thanks again,

Comment

From what I can find this is usually caused by a bad sector on your HDD or something wrong with physical memory. Windows has diagnostic tools that can check both of these for you. Seems like you should get the error with other software or at other times as well.

Get one of the free tools that will create checksums from files and see if your installer downloads match the ones posted in the release announcement here in the forum.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

There's arent any bad sectors. This is purely a software issue from what I see. Before updates installed it was fine. It is something that is last to be installed during the dvdfab installation process. It never gets installed fully. Even the icon on my desktop is a plain white one. I wish I knew what the last few items are that are installed, then maybe I could fathom out why its interfering with windows 7.

Comment

Working...
            X